Scirocco 3.92%

Tiguan 2.14%

Passat Sal 3.95%

Passat Est 3.95%

Passat CC 2.36%

Sharan 5.00%

Touareg 1.70%

Phaeton 1.98%

All orders after 24th Feb will have to pay these!

mmm i thought the "new" mk6 golf was supposed to be cheaper to manufacture :confused:.

nothing like a price increase, in a recession to increase sales eh :bike:

....Not surprised that VW are following Ford & Vauxhall putting up their prices because of the exchange rates.

Noticed some VW dealers are offering a new Fox at £3K with every new Scirocco bought to stimulate sales.

Edited by TwoSheds

VW put there prices up at this time every year so I don't see why we're suprised

I'm not totally surprised that prices have increased. From a business point of view it's probably a good move. It is a significant indication of the 'value' the product is worth and helps the potential buyer identfy with this value.

You can always discount from a 'rate card' price and in this market this is no doubt esential to do so. Customers will always compare the price they are paying to the proper price guide to identify the saving they are making.

In my personal opinion, a typical VW customer will not compare the price of a mid spec Golf to that of a mid spec Focus or Astra. They appreciate that the Golf is a more premium product and expect it to be priced accordingly.

I'm sure the initial response from VW salespeople in the showroom was something like "what the feck are they thinking of!"

There will no doubt be difficult conversations to be had with customers who have dropped deposits on cars and sales people now have to positions a price rise with them. Hopefully dealers / sales people will have anticipated this usual rise and have factored this into the original prices agreed to a certain degree?

I had this situation back in early 2006.

I ordered my car in Dec 2005 and around May 2006 I got a call confirming my build date followed by a comment to say that the prices were raised in March and I would need to pay more. I politely pointed them to the fact the deal was done before the price rise and it wasn't my fault they couldn't deliver a car when I wanted one and also pointed out that they should have told me in March to give me the option to cancel my order.

Needless to say I paid the origianal agreed price

I can understand why they have done this but it won't help them shift metal.

If they had given the dealers the extra % to play with in margins then that would have helped them compete with rival on deals.

They appreciate that the Golf is a more premium product and expect it to be priced accordingly.
But its still just a golf, there comes a point were sensible people say to themselfs how much!

I know i did when i calculated a GTtdi mk6 golf at new prices.

Good luck VWuk i know you won't be getting my custom in the near future on any new car until you either do some special big deals or actually come back down to earth and rething your pricing structure.

Edited by Snoopy

I wonder if Audi have raised their prices similarly?

If not the Golf will be at very close pricing levels to the A3 now.