A8/S8/R8 Owners Club Joining Instructions

A8_Tony

Well guys,

It's official the Audi '8 Owners Club is here!

There's still some work to do, but we're getting there. Merchandise is being organised, with keyrings, t-shirts, and show plates the priority.

At some point in the near future there will be applications for membership. My intention being that I can inform, educate (!?), and share our experiences with all of our members.

A newsletter will be part of the membership, likely to be bi-monthly, which will be delivered by electronic means only. I'm going to do my bit for the planet, whilst still enjoying my throbbin' V8 biggrin.gif

The club will develop. I can guarantee it. Plans for the future include, but are not limited to:

More merchandise, stickers, jackets, caps etc. It'll all be quality too, not naff rubbish that's not worth the outlay.

Regular meets. There's already the annual one (inaugral meet this year), plans are afoot for a Yorkshire tour, and it's likely that we'll get together with A8Freunde.com at some point thumbsupsmiley.gif Oh, and I've already approached Autometrix for a pitch at ADI this October, right in the middle biggrin.gif

Hopefully we'll see the club develop, into something quite huge. My intention is that this is an international club, not just something for the UK. If we can achieve that, then we've been successful.

So, I'd like to start collecting members names, email addresses and merchandise requirements. I'm happy if you only want to put your name here. But for e-mail addy's (only to be used for the newsletter and other A8OC announcements), merchandise requirements, and a little about your car, please PM me. thumbsupsmiley.gif

Welcome to the A8 Owners Club for all A8,S8 and R8 owners thumbsupsmiley.gif

Here's a quick 'n' easy method of joining.

Click on the e-mail link below and send me the following information:

1. Full name

2. Preferred e-mail address

3. Car info

a. Model

b. Year

c. Colour

d. Modifications

4. Merchandise requests. For clothing state size and colour preference (black, grey, or white)

a. T-shirt

b. Sweatshirt

c. Cap

d. Key ring

e. Showplate

5. Preferred nickname (for showplate)

Please note that membership fees will be introduced, but will include a free (single front) showplate with your nickname on it.

Let me also introduce to you the first volunteer for a position within the club.

Our Events Secretary - Mike (aka Figure_11). His contributionis greatly appreciated and I'm sure he'll be putting up a list of planned events soon. (Already at 4/5)

I look forward to seeing you all within the club soon.

Tony

A8OC

A8OC

Edited by A8_Tony

my computers being annoying and wont let me view the email, can I have an email address to send information to? or you can have mine if you want to send me a link etc?

Hi Zak,

by clicking on the e-mail link, a new e-mail should be created within outlook (or whichever e-mail client you use). There won't be any content (haven't worked that one out yet!) so just copy and paste the text from the forum +++

Otherwise, just send an e-mail through to [email protected]

Cheers,

Tony

Thanks Tony, have sent an email through. Just an idea but how about awards on the annual meet for best car, best mods, best looker, etc etc.. Also, will the show plates be useable on the cars as id like to put mine on my car. You would obviously require our number plates to do them right if thats the case?

Thanks for the ideas. With the number of cars already committing attendance, then it would certainly encourage some friendly competition/banter +++

The show plates won't be road legal.

If there's enough interest, then I can probably sort something out, with the A8OC logo down the left hand side +++

For everyone who's e-mailed me membership requests, you should now have an e-mail with your welcome pack attached. This includes your membership number, and memership fee info.

Merchandise pricing is also shown, so come on guys, get ordering your official A8OC gear now :)

Tony

• 3 months later...

hi there, i'm from the A8Freunde.com forum and i just signed in on your forum because of one of the guys who visited your meeting and said you guys were awesome +++

as you said it should be an international club, i would like to join for romania :grin:

how would i get a plate? :confused:

and last question: how much is the fee?

thanks in advance

Alex +++

• 1 month later...

:cool:

Hi Alex, and welcome to Tyresmoke +++

I'll calculete the price for you tonight, and forward you instructions on how to join +++

Hello Tony:

I have similar questions and seek correspondence like Alex. I am from the States have just joined tyresmoke.

Could you please post to me your current A8OC info.

I have a 1998 A8 4.2 L factory std...for now.;)

Hi Roberto,

What are you trying to post???

Joining instructions for the club are at the top of this thread, if you've got any questions then please don't hesitate to ask.

Looks like you've got a white D3 there, any bigger pics so we can have a drool?

Tony

Hi Roberto,

What are you trying to post???

Joining instructions for the club are at the top of this thread, if you've got any questions then please don't hesitate to ask.

Looks like you've got a white D3 there, any bigger pics so we can have a drool?

Tony

just trying to say hello for now

glad you like the car

3.0 TDI SPORT

B&O 1000 WATT SOUND SYSTEM

SOLAR SUNROOF

SOFT DOOR CLOSE

TOW BAR

AMI

S8 MIRRORS,FRONT GRILL

ALCANTARA HEADLINING

AUTO BOOT