Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonC

Took full advantage of the nice Spring weather...

13 posts in this topic

...and the GTI had it's weekly detail. I used Megs NXT speed detailer instead of my usual Megs QD this time and the difference is amazing - more bling than P-Diddy! The paintwork then had 1 coat of AG HD, followed by 2 coats of EGP, with 45 minute intervals in between. Perhaps the QD before the AG steps was a waste of time? Really wanted to try it out, though. The Monza's got sprayed with Megs foaming Hot Wheels, aggitated with the AG wheel brush (very handy tool and satisfying to use), followed by 2 coats of EGP. My apologies in advance for the gratuitous and blatant showing off of my hard work, but I'm really happy with the results. As soon as my current products are used up, I fully intend to experiment with others. Some 467 and 915 is on order as I know the results of this miracle stuff, and my "shopping cart" wth a couple of well known detailing supply websites, is growing nicely :)

GTi036.jpg?t=1235326615

GTi038.jpg?t=1235326648

GTi040-1.jpg?t=1235326988

Hi Jon,

Nice reflections, looking good! You have those nice looking wheels too! I was taking advantage of the weather yesterday evening and today. Neibours must think im mad washing the car twice in about 16 hrs!

I as going to say, you dont need both the 476 and the 915 more or less they are both same thing.

Geoff

You missed a bit :roflmao:

Looking fantastic Jon +++

Where!?

Ha! Cheers, CB +++

Hi Jon,

Nice reflections, looking good! You have those nice looking wheels too! I was taking advantage of the weather yesterday evening and today. Neibours must think im mad washing the car twice in about 16 hrs!

I as going to say, you dont need both the 476 and the 915 more or less they are both same thing.

Geoff

Cheers, Geoff. Twice in 16 hours is good going! Ah well, at least I won't run out of the durable stuff for a while! +++

Looking very nice Jon +++

It certainly was great weather to be out in enjoying.

I see you sensibly parked a good few cautionary inches away from the curb minding those wheels :grin:

Looking very nice Jon +++

It certainly was great weather to be out in enjoying.

I see you sensibly parked a good few cautionary inches away from the curb minding those wheels :grin:

Hi TT. I'm obsessional about the alloys :grin: I have the auto-dip mirror which is a superb feature, but to be honest I think my parking is fine. I make sure I'm 6"-8" so when leaving the parking space, I have enough space too. I've learnt my lesson twice in the last 2 years. I parked too close to one of the excessivley high kerb stones in Edinburgh's New Town once whilst not concentrating from being over-tired, and left no room for maneuvering, so badly kerbed one alloy. I drove straight to the local VW dealer to have it replaced. The other time (and it will be the last time, I hope) as I came out of my garage at my old place of work, there was a van directly in front so the angle in which to exit the garage and get pass the van was tight. Whilst concentrating on the front end, my drivers side rear alloy scraped along the corner of the garage. Poor or neglected paintwork is bad enough but kerbed alloys are fecking disgusting. I see it all too often, gorgeous cars with knackered alloys; really reduces the impact of the car, IMO. +++

Looking superb Jon, well done. I used Optimum Spray Wax last week and decided to give my car just a quick clean yesterday with my lance and some Bilt Hamber. Basically a touchless wash and you'd think it had been washed the TBM way. A nice snow foam to use with excellent results.

I fully washed the wifes car yeaterday with Duragloss 902 shampoo which on its own is excellent but I then towel dried with some Poorboys QD+, wow what a result. It would probably go spot on with your colour car Jon.

Cheers

Looking superb Jon, well done. I used Optimum Spray Wax last week and decided to give my car just a quick clean yesterday with my lance and some Bilt Hamber. Basically a touchless wash and you'd think it had been washed the TBM way. A nice snow foam to use with excellent results.

I fully washed the wifes car yeaterday with Duragloss 902 shampoo which on its own is excellent but I then towel dried with some Poorboys QD+, wow what a result. It would probably go spot on with your colour car Jon.

Cheers

Cheers, Dibbs. I'm going to get some some of that OSW; it seems to create some awesome results by the sound of it. Must try the Z8 as well, although very very little amounts at a time from what I read. +++

Hi TT. I'm obsessional about the alloys :grin: I have the auto-dip mirror which is a superb feature, but to be honest I think my parking is fine. I make sure I'm 6"-8" so when leaving the parking space, I have enough space too. I've learnt my lesson twice in the last 2 years. I parked too close to one of the excessivley high kerb stones in Edinburgh's New Town once whilst not concentrating from being over-tired, and left no room for maneuvering, so badly kerbed one alloy. I drove straight to the local VW dealer to have it replaced. The other time (and it will be the last time, I hope) as I came out of my garage at my old place of work, there was a van directly in front so the angle in which to exit the garage and get pass the van was tight. Whilst concentrating on the front end, my drivers side rear alloy scraped along the corner of the garage. Poor or neglected paintwork is bad enough but kerbed alloys are fecking disgusting. I see it all too often, gorgeous cars with knackered alloys; really reduces the impact of the car, IMO. +++

Ouch, at £350 per alloy wheel it would be cheaper to scrape a bumper or dent a wing! I'm with on this though, I'd have to repair / likely replace a damaged wheel if it were to happen. The wheels are the 'eyes' of a car imo and make strong visual impact - especially in sunlight :)

The wheels are the 'eyes' of a car imo and make strong visual impact - especially in sunlight :)

Too right! Earlier today a 57-plate tornado red GTI was behind me. Besides the awesome and aggressive front end that was filling up my rear view mirror, as I glanced up, I saw it turn off and the diamond cut Monza's looked stunning; filling the arches and reflecting the sunlight beautifully. That GTI had gorgeous eyes :grin:

Too right! Earlier today a 57-plate tornado red GTI was behind me. Besides the awesome and aggressive front end that was filling up my rear view mirror, as I glanced up, I saw it turn off and the diamond cut Monza's looked stunning; filling the arches and reflecting the sunlight beautifully. That GTI had gorgeous eyes :grin:

Er, well it wasn't me as I was in deepest, darkest Hampshire all week .... :)

And, I was out on Saturday giving both cars a complete detail, so both are looking fine. Mind you, on Monday AM with newly cleaned and waxed wheels, a Royal Mail truck pulled into the fast lane in front of me so I had to kill the speed with a severe anchoring, and was miffed to leave the front's now covered in brake dust - it was only the first 10 miles since a clean, damnit!!

Oh well, an excuse to clean it this Saturday then! And I have Friday off next week, so fingers crossed for decent weather and a mega-detail ... !