buying an rs4 b7

Skywriter

Top issue seems to be DRC problems - leaking front shocks, knocking when going over speed humps, that sort of thing. Some owners have a letter from Audi UK extending the warranty to 5 years on DRC.

New issue breaking seems to be a problem with the "spare wheel well" developing a crack, possibly due to the extra weight of the battery that it's taking on the RS4.

Really important is that it has the proper RS4 steering wheel, not a normal MFSW.

Factory sat nav makes a difference on ability to re-sell, but not on price.

Make sure the service history is fully stamped, they're cars that love TLC.

Apart from that - make sure it has the spec and the options that you want. There's strong opinions about saloon/Avant/cab and Recaros vs buckets - but it's what YOU want and what YOU are comfortable with that counts.

Edited by PetrolDave

thank's pd did audi offer an extended warranty or did you have to ask about it

If you wrote to Audi UK you got a letter from Jeremy Hicks (Audi UK MD) confirming the extra warranty.

Some Audi dealers will admit to having had a circular stating that the warranty has been extended on ALL RS4's but many (most?) Audi dealers deny ever having seen that circular...

So a car with a letter would IMHO be worth more than one without.

Top issue seems to be DRC problems - leaking front shocks, knocking when going over speed humps, that sort of thing. Some owners have a letter from Audi UK extending the warranty to 5 years on DRC.

New issue breaking seems to be a problem with the "spare wheel well" developing a crack, possibly due to the extra weight of the battery that it's taking on the RS4.

Factory sat nav makes a difference on ability to re-sell, but not on price.

I've got a knocking from the front end going over speed bumps, but as the service is due soon, I'm waiting until then to get it sorted.

Had a recall for the crack in the boot, but nothing was found.

And I'd agree with the sat nav, as I walked away from a sale over that alone, when the rest of the car was exactly what I wanted.

Only those with too much money or those in denial don't care about depreciation ;)

Speak for yourself.

As a normal working bloke struggling to make ends meet in the present economic mess created by greedy bankers I fail both of those categories, but some things in life are worth paying for ... getting marrried, having kids, driving an RS4.