tt 225 Q temperature gage

gavsy

Hello,first time on here,have looked on the forums couldnt find anything about this so can you help please,my tt temperature gage is reading just off of the red where normally it sits on the 90dergrees,and its starts when cold with reading to the first quarter,can i reset this ?and could some one give me some idea of cost to repair please,spoke to someone and they said it might be a heat sensor,cost and easy to repair ?

Edited by gavsy
another thought

Hi Gavsy,

Welcome to TSN

I used to have a TT and there was a know software bug where you'd get what you describe if you're running with the A/C on Economy. No one knows why. Many people measured the real temp and it was fine so it was just a dial error.

However, we're not to know that this is the issue that you have as it potentially could be running hot.

It may even be the dreaded dash pod failure showing it's head. Many MANY TTs suffered with this with Audi UK swapping them out.

• 4 weeks later...

Recent Audi Memo

From April 1 we will have new criteria for goodwill available to drivers of older TT models with faulty dash pods.

This relates to problems with fuel and temperature gauges in pre-2004 model year TTs. Cars built since 20 September 2004 (chassis number 8N 51 009148) do not qualify, because they were built with improvements that reduced the problems significantly.

To qualify for goodwill, customers must:

Have a pre-2004 model year TT, with no replacement parts already fitted to its original

dash pod.

Have erratic or incorrect readings on fuel and temperature gauges, as this was the weakness identified in the original dash pod.

Have a full Audi Network service history for their cars.

• 4 weeks later...