A8 tick over

roger.hooper7

hi, my A8 almost stalls when i accelerate and come to a stop in traffic, also happens when i'm driving slow in traffic, the tick over is drops to around 0.2 when it should be i believe 0.8.

the battery light just starts to illuminate but the tick over increases before it stalls.

anyone got any ideas as to what this could be? a relay maybe? please help???????:confused: :ffs:

Check this out:

http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-a8-s8/107798-a8-stalling-junctions-2.html

2.8 seem to suffer TB failiures; used to be a common problem on older Audi's. I had to change mine in the end way back in '05 IIRC. Most 2.8's don't have a separate Idle stabilisation valve so when the TB becomes clogged with oil & crap it causes stalling and hunting. Not something you wan't aproaching a roundabout:eek:

hi, thanks, i'm not confident enough to tackle this problem, so i phoned my local audi garage and they've quoted me £225 to clean the TB. is that reasonable? i live in east london so i dont know if thats just london prices?:confused:

also i've ordered from ebay some MAP cleaner as this was recommended and it comes with detailed instructions on "how to do it" so i'll give it a go.

I bought my TB for £148 back in '05 from vagparts but they aren't trading anymore. I live on the other side of London so not too sure about decent garages in the East. Sounds like they are charging 3hrs labour. Phone up the stealer or even german swedish & french to see if they can get hold of a new one.

Could be dirty or bad Throttle body what engine is it?

did this really improve things for you..

Mine doesn't stall, but I was wondering if my TB needing a spruce may be the cause of any of the annoying throttle judders and weird low throttle symptoms you know I have.. Must be worth a shot..

hi guys, i havent got it done yet!! i'm waiting for payday either this or next month!! i bought some mass airflow meter cleaner which comes with instructions, but it was tooooo complicated for me!! so i'll have to get someone to do that as well...its going to cost alot for TB to be cleaned and the mam. I recently got married and all my money has gone!! :smileylove: :ffs::ffs:

• 2 weeks later...