Realistic discount on new S4

AZURES3

Brokers seem to be listing at 9% discount.

To be honest the idea of some models not being discounted I think has probably gone out the window. They're all after sales. Of course not at any price but I'm sure if they can discount my A4 my 11-12% then I don't see why they wouldn't on the S4.

I had to go around the houses with quotes etc until the dealer played ball. Eventually he said "if a broker can do it at that price then I'll be able to beat it". Good luck.

I spec'd an avant up yesterday and it came to £45000 ! so i think Ill be waiting for a few months to see what nearly new 2nd hand ones come up for. I also saw one on the approved used website for £49000 - I love my S4 but just can't see how the (better) new one is worth the best part of 50 grand once spec'd to a reasonable standard.

Mind you, used S4s and RS4s values seem to be creeping up.

Paul

I am looking at this as well....in this market, they will have to offer discounts or they will go out of business. I can get a nicely specced S4 from Autobytel or Broadspeed for £39,000 to £41,000 and it is exactly the same as the dealer car, and in fact is from a UK dealer wit the same warranty. I would rather buy from a dealer, but I am not prepared to pay through the nose for the privelege.

I would like to think that they would get close to a brokers quote, but I have yet to ask the question as I am looking at changing in June/July.

Would be very interesting if anyone does ask though.

I would also be interested to hear if anyone can recommend a good broker ?

I am looking at this as well....in this market, they will have to offer discounts or they will go out of business. I can get a nicely specced S4 from Autobytel or Broadspeed for £39,000 to £41,000 and it is exactly the same as the dealer car, and in fact is from a UK dealer wit the same warranty. I would rather buy from a dealer, but I am not prepared to pay through the nose for the privelege.

I would like to think that they would get close to a brokers quote, but I have yet to ask the question as I am looking at changing in June/July.

Would be very interesting if anyone does ask though.

I would also be interested to hear if anyone can recommend a good broker ?

Take the quote to a number of dealers - one of them will match and possibly even better. I did this on a previous purchase and got a dealer to match. If they cant then go via the broker - the warranty will be the same.

You're not kidding, you'll be pissing a huge amount of cash away, seriously, I'd stick with the S3 if I were you especially as its still in warranty.

You gave my wife your password didnt you :roflmao:

No agreed the S3 on ly has 23000 on the clock and is 3 years old on Dec 10th 09 so will probably hold on to it until then, maybe a demo will be around by then too that has taken the hit.+++

AZ