Back ache-Acupuncture?

nordberg

I've been suffering badly with backache for the past 3 -4 mths. Primarily only when I'm in bed. Got a new matress etc which made things a bit better. Have been doing lots of exercises to help and on a course of diclofenac and ibuprofen, but still wake up after about 5hrs of sleep in major discomfort. Not really pain so much, but just a really dull ache. Strange thing is that during the day I feel absolutely fine with no suggestion of back ache.

I need to get off the pills as I hate taking them. I'm loathed to get involved with a chiroprator as I believe once you start with them, you've signed up for life. So I'm considering acupuncture as I've read lots of positive things about it. Was wondering if anyone on here had any experience of it?

I suffered with frozen shoulder for several years and when it started to occur with more frequency my docs finally persuaded me to try some acupuncture and referred me.

After just one session (and several needles, not keen on needles but you really don't feel them) "touchwood" the problem has never reoccured, been fine now for 12 years +. Obviously backs are a little more complex but good luck, don't rule it out!