VW Dynaudio Sound Pack - Any Good?

millec199

I have been given the job of finding my brother a new car and after many options, test drives and countless almost purchases he has finally chosen a Scirocco 1.4 TSI (although I think we will need one more test drive to rule out the 2.0GT completely)

Now the problem I have is deciding on the spec and the one point that we do not agree on is the Dynaudio Sound Pack. I think he should get it as he does listen to quite a bit of music, but he is not sure it is worth spending the extra (£390 I believe).

So the question is, does anyone know how good the standard audio system in the Scirocco (I think it is the RCD510) and does the Dynaudio Sound Pack enhance things significantly?

From what I can gather the Scirocco has 8 speakers as standard so does the Dynaudio Sound Pack just add an amplifier or are the speakers upgraded as well?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

millec199 i have dynaudio on my scirocco, standard system is good but dynaudio takes it to another level and is worth the money, its one box i'd happily tick again, CDs really expoit its full potential given the quality issues on mp3s

only thing letting the 1.4 down is that don't make it in GT spec which I think was a mistake by VW, 2.0 is a peach