Part no's for 18" Monza 2 wheels

SpiderMacK

Hi Gents,

Hope yer all ticketeeboo and my insurer is going to replace 2 of my wheels which were damaged by a pot hole(s)

A very helpful VW mechanic at my local garag tells me the part no is 1K0 601 025 BA 16Z

Can anyone advise - confirm ? It's I recall he ordered 2 types when I got one wheel replaced for the worm prob -

My wheels have a smooth edge and no lip around the rubber tyre valve

I know that there are at least 2 types of 18 " Monza 2's

Thanks and ah the best

Spider

Hi yeah at least 2 types -

On one the curve of the metal from the edge into the center of the wheel is less dramatic than the other

+

Also some have a lip arround the tyre valve

I think the wheel with the lip around the valve has the sharper (more dramatic) curve. Its a subtle thing to notice but visible.

Just called my local VW dealer. There are 6 different model numbers for the Monza II. The AH ending Monza's are now superceded by AM - August 2005 - July 2007. Confusingly, BA wheels also cover this date - Sept 2006 - July 2007. According to the parts department, there are over 200 units of the AM (previously AH) and just 13 of the BA. I want to by a spare, but want the Monza with the lip round the valve hole. Apparently, there isn't any difference according to ETKA between the AM and BA. Can anyone confirm if the BA alloys have the lip round the valve hole? +++

Edited by JonC

I think the wheel with the lip around the valve has the sharper (more dramatic) curve. Its a subtle thing to notice but visible.

Are you sure about that? I'm trying to order a spare, but want to get the right one +++ I'm quite confident that the one you need is the "BA" which has a flush valve hole, whilst the one I want, has the lip :)

Apparently, there isn't any difference according to ETKA between the AM and BA. Can anyone confirm if the BA alloys have the lip round the valve hole? +++

Such amateurs, I have sent you a PM.

The only differences are as to what tyre valve is fitted:

1K0601025AM16Z - Metal Valve

Valve Part Number: 1K0601361B

1K0601025BA16Z - Rubber Valve

Standard tyre valve

Hope this helps sort the confusion!