Replace metal valves?

DHA

I have seen this discussed a few times on here and I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I need my 4th set of tyres for my GTI (at 36k not bad given I changed from contis before I needed to) but the valves are still the originals as far as I am aware.

Should I get some new ones before the fitter comes to my house to fit new tyres (the place I use don't fit metal valves so would need them supplying or would just leave the current ones in).

If so where from? VW or an online source? Does anyone have the part number if I do have to goto the dealer?

Cheers

The advice from VW is to change the valves when changing your tyres. You can get the valves from your VW dealer though they may not be kept in stock.

Unfortunately I don't have a part number but I am in the same position as yourself.

Edited by petsy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have the richbrook ones on the wifes Polo and they no longer "spin" the inner bit has seized against the outer sleeve on the rear wheels...:mad: The front ones are fine.

Also another point, watch the adaptor too as the local tyre place has managed to bend the pin inside...otherwise they are great and would/will buy another set....+++