Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dodi_cd

how many batteries do I need for 98 passat key

4 posts in this topic

Hello Guys!!Can anyone tell me how many batteries should my passat key have,and what kind.?I bought it with no batteries in it so I don`t even know if the central locking is working.

Thank you in advance

hi i've got a 97 passat and there was 2 batteries in mine

mine dos'nt work aswell even after i changed the batteries

not sure how the batteries fit no one on this forum knows about them

Thanks Brunty for your reply!I`ve tried all kind of batt but none worked.I am thinking of stopping a passat on the road and ask the driver to show me his key....))))).Thanks

Cheers

98 Passat B 5 remote locking key requires 2 x CR2016 3v lithium batteries which are 1.6mm thick giving a total thickness of 3.2mm. These are the correct batteries both in thickness and diameter. My 2002 Passat B 5.5 takes a single CR2032 3v which is the same diameter and 3.2mm thick.

Buy them fresh from a regular source. However they do have a life of up to 10 years in dry storage. I have recently paid £2.90 + Vat for a box of 10 Hitatchi/MAXELL CR2032 from Cousins UK - Wholesale Clock Watch parts batteries jewellery findings Tools E who apart from the website have two outlets, Cousins Material House in Romford and Cousins Tool Centre in The Jewellery Quarter, B'ham.

Edited by meriafel
Website changed my original message/email link