to RS6 or not to RS6?

Alphamail

Against the background of the recession/depression,why would anyone buy a new RS6 if there is a potentially a new model coming out, which, judging by three to four year old model prices the used value will drop from 60+ to 20+ pretty quickly?

I know I'm being naive, I am in the market for one, but I can't get my head round the potential massive depreciation which does not appear to be currently reflected in second hand prices.

I would appreciate some feedback.

Cheers, James

James - the new RS6 has been suspected to be the last, but please correct me if I am wrong and we really never know what Audi got up their sleeve.

This speculation is more or less due to the change of the world...

thinking of the environment, oil depletion, financially...you name it.

Anyway...my opinion only.:rolleyes:

I thought that:

a) a new RS6 would be 3+ years away yet, given the current model is relatively new?

b) These cars were lossing £20k-£30k in their first year if not more, and judging by other posts in this forum, significant discounts were available on new stock?

:confused:

Sidicks

I suspect there are some great deals out there if you land at the right dealer at the right time. It's been reported on rs246 that the Essex Audi group have 5 new cars to dispense with.

I managed to get 23% discount on a 2009 car back in Jan, and that was with the dealer approaching me! (We had been interested in their demonstrator which they sold). The same dealer had a brand new Sepang Blue car which they offered for less than 60k two months ago, not sure if they still have it.

Buy a Used audi rs6 car - Carmony

Surely you can get a better price!

Although the specs might not be there.

Mr Sidicks, you are probably right as it was only a speculation from my point as I read it in one of the car online tutorials that this might be the last one to come out...

At Manchester Trafford, they currently have one red, silver, black.and if I am not wrong a white....RS6...

Thanks Mrs.A, Sidicks and Ahankins.

Mrs. A I have to reluctantly agree with your prognosis about the future of RS6 type beasties with global warming and all that. although I myself am a James Lovelock fan and subscribe to his "it's to late to do anything and we are overpopulated by about 4bn, so just enjoy life if you can while acknowledging you are a passenger on a planetary Titanic."

Maybe this reinforces my feelings that the cars are way overpriced because they are ( in the global scheme) white elephants and will probably plummet big time in a few years. So whoever is buyinng at late fifties early sixties is going to get hit very hard. Maybe it is because I am not rich enough not to care! All things considered, I would guess they are generally worth 45 to 50k max no matter what the extras are.

With regard to the new model, as soon as a new A6 is/was launched I can hear the clock tick. My wife now has an old 55 plate A4 Avant superceded by the new model. She doesn't care, and I know it takes time before they launch the RS version but I would care if I had forked out for an earlier RS4. I hope I am making sense, it's been a very long day!

James - the new RS6 has been suspected to be the last

That's not what the "big wigs" at Audi are saying...

They admit they won't be going for out-and-out power, and have said they won't be going the hybrid route, but they WILL be developing lighter bodies, and more efficient engines (both petrol and diesel).

So the next generation of RS's will not have as much power but will be at least as quick on the road.... and there will almost certainly be a parallel RD range (RS diesels).

I suspect there are some great deals out there if you land at the right dealer at the right time. It's been reported on rs246 that the Essex Audi group have 5 new cars to dispense with.

I managed to get 23% discount on a 2009 car back in Jan, and that was with the dealer approaching me! (We had been interested in their demonstrator which they sold). The same dealer had a brand new Sepang Blue car which they offered for less than 60k two months ago, not sure if they still have it.

Now that was a good deal!!!! (eventually!!)