Candidate for most beautiful car...?

JonC

In Edinburgh city centre this morning on my way in to work. It puts the Aston designs to shame. Utterly, drop-dead gorgoeus lines and an engine note that one could listen to all day long:

maserati-gran-turismo-s-02.jpg

JC? We are in full agreement.

I am not a fan of the new Aston designs, whereas on this, the tick boxes aren't big enough!

Genius! +++

Time for an underwear change. :o

Gorgeous, only bit I'm not keen on is the front grille, sticks out too far.

A bit too close to this?

the-joker.jpg

However, having said that, it is probably the nicest & coolest car you can buy at the moment, although personally I'd have an XKR with an aftermarket facelift & a few other tweaks.

Interesting that some don't like Astons compared to the Maser as the fundamentals (and possibly more) are very similar, almost like comparing Anonimo to Panerai. If someone told me that Henrik Fisker had penned both I wouldn't be at all surprised, even though that's presumably not the case.

As for most beautiful car - no way Jose. Too much glasshouse & possibly too much length and girth and so doesn't even compare to other Italian efforts, let alone anyone else's. Nice as it is, I can think of quite a few better looking cars.

Edited by D1MAC

Neither of those do anything for me, I'm afraid.

The only German thing I would put in the list is the Porsche Carrera GT, but more from an engineering beauty point of view.

But it was made ages ago and isn't a current beauty :(

Just loverly +++

attachment.php?attachmentid=36009&stc=1&d=1240300284

post-8816-137914431245_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the Masser GT yesterday on the motorway.

It was stunning. Saw numerous Fezza 430's and newer models, Astons, but nothing comes close to the GT. Until a Quattroporte came past..........

Sorry Brab - yours is second fav :o

Saw a V10 S8 too. Very subtle. Comes 3rd on my list.

Phew this thread is about about cars! Wasn't sure I wanted to look in here as the main index has been showing this for a couple of days

Candidate for most beautiful...

RedRobin

I reckon the GranTurismo wins as the facelift on the XKR didn't go too well at the front, gills? The rear has been improved though and am I the only one who thinks that the jag's interior design is rubbish for a car in this segment? I'm sure it is good quality but it looks far too basic for me.

Jaguar-XKR-21725.jpg

jaguar_xkr_2010_opt_33.jpg