Headache after concussion.

Veracocha

Had bit of nasty bike crash on Mon and hit a bike head on at high speed. I remember going towards the bike knowing that I was not going to miss it at about 70mph. Then I remember waking up in an ambulance a good while later. Luckily I was flown clear of the bike and my helmet and leathers did a good job but I have really bad whiplash and cant move my neck very well.

I am also having a constant dull headache. Is this normal for the days following a heavy concussion?

FECK!!! Sounds like it was close enough that you should be counting your blessings!

I'm no medical practitioner but a headache after that seems perfectly normal to me!

Glad to see you're well enough to post.

Get well soon fella! +++

I thought you only did track days now? Since it was a head on I'm assumming it was a road incident? :confused:

True Scotty, I was racing with thundersport gb in the superstock 600 race at cadwell park. Had moved from 11th to 6th by lap 2 and was moving up the field when a guy went off the track but his bike came back on straight into the path of mine. I was on full power and didnt even have a chance to back off the throttle before the impact. Was heading for a podium which would have been on motors tv and possibly got me a sponsor.

Am lucky really, but pissed off as £6000 worth of bike is completely annihilated even though I did nothing wrong. Thats the nature of the beast though. Gagging for the next race now! :D Just need to get a bike sorted.

Thanks for the the advice - if it still feels the same tomorrow I will get it looked at!

Glad your okay, shame about the bike being totalled.

I'd imagine you have a 'few' bumps, bruises and rips that need to heal. Headache is highly likely to be normal, but I would phone / call and detail your symptoms as a precaution.

Most bikers learn to have a high pain threshold and are used to knowing when something is worse than it should be, but be safe.

Brother in-law is a senior track marshall at Donnie and some of the spills he's seen and accounted to me make my toes curl and my back shudder.

Get well soon +++