Performace mods

Roryp15

Hi there, this is my first post and im looking to get some good information :D. I have recently bought a golf gt tdi ( 115 ) from a mate and I love it to bits. He has replaced basically the whole front of the car: engine, turbo, radiator – the lot. So now im looking to up the performance to around 200 bhp – hopefully. Theres two different routes I might take so would like some advice on whats best.

Route 1

Remap - £399 – done on dyno – will take to around 150 bhp

2nd intercooler - £600– will take to around 155 bhp – I don't know much about this but I asked about a bigger intercooler and I was told it wouldn't take full effect until im doing 95 mph+ so I was recommended one that acts as a smaller intercooler so im using my original one and this smaller one so im running off 2 intercoolers.

Panel Filter - £50 – approx 5 bhp. Wont feel power so much but was told it acts more to give you more throttle response so the power is there the minute you put your foot down.

As you can see this will be around £1000 and will take it to around 200 bhp

Route 2

Remap - £399 – done on dyno – will take to around 150 bhp

Panel Filter - £50 – approx 5 bhp.

Something to do with egr valve - £60 – dont know much about this either but I was told it also help throttle response when the foot is put down and will give about 5 bhp.

De-cat pip - £70 – replaces cat converter and will add around 10 bhp

This will be around £600 but will take me to around 170 bhp so any ideas on how to get an extra 30 bhp?

Ok after that I know you may be thinking bhp on a diesel ? Torque is more important – yeah I know but I seem to work better in bhp than torque for cars. Got a fiqure of around 400 lbs/ft of torque.

You dont need 200 bhp you'll blow your engine – yeah I no but believe it or not im not going to be going round racing ill still be changing gear at around 2000 revs just like normal driving, would just like the extra power there incase I need it

So can anyone recommended what route to do or any other mods to do to help me get to around 200 bhp.