Good time to buy?

Simonl

Chaps, what's the trade in situation like now? Has it recovered a bit or is it still dire?

I was looking at some new metal but have had an atrocious valuation of mine (albeit from Park Lane BMW, who are notorious)

I have no idea what the current climate is like with regard values both on the forecourt and of your own car. FYI, I'm not trying to trade an X5 4.8i for a 320d... I'll be looking at swapping an X3 for an X5... so i am upgrading to a big tractor from a little tractor.

I sold my X3 3.0D M SPort just before Christmas. The X3 sold in a couple of days. Price your car realistically and it should sell and so long as the one you are buying is also priced realistically there should be no problem. I bought an X5 at that time and still keeping an eye on prices it seems prices of comparable cars are now slightly higher.

Chaps, what's the trade in situation like now? Has it recovered a bit or is it still dire?

I was looking at some new metal but have had an atrocious valuation of mine (albeit from Park Lane BMW, who are notorious)

I have no idea what the current climate is like with regard values both on the forecourt and of your own car. FYI, I'm not trying to trade an X5 4.8i for a 320d... I'll be looking at swapping an X3 for an X5... so i am upgrading to a big tractor from a little tractor.

Recently got myself into one of these.....and whilst doing the business the salesman told me that they are in need of marketable trade in's as their 19 group dealers were running short. Didn't have a trade in myself but none the less it might be worth asking the question...

post-8755-137914431564_thumb.jpg

post-8755-137914431567_thumb.jpg

Edited by John_Doe

Will depend a lot if it's a used or new X5 you're considering....

Correct and def not selling for a while. Will wait for the new ones to take a tumble which has to happen sooner rather than later. They are starting to creep down but I would expect the reduction in value to grow. will of course hit the older model too but thats life and for now I am more than happy with buying my 2 year old X5 for 40% of its new value.

I got a £15k valuation on mine the other day, still a few k short of what it retails at, but £4k better than what Park Lane were offering. So it shows how prices differ.

Gareth, how are the X6's doing in terms of resale? Bit more room for negotiation on one of those, or is the X5 a better shout?