Euro offerings for the US market

cruiser647

From the Porsche 928 thread, it got me thinking about how this is such a one-way street when it comes to swapping cars across the pond.

Many Euro cars would not have been made if it weren't for the US market. How many US cars can the same label be given to - built for the Euro market?

ie - we (Europe) give or have given the US such beauties and 'differences' as:-

Ferrari 400/412

Porsche 928

VW Jetta (with the 2.3 inline 5!!!)

Audi V8 and A8 (Audi V6 & V8 engines?)

Jag XJ saloons (US was a major market, so much influence on design/manufacture)

BMW 8 series

to name a few - I am sure a few more will be named by other TSN bods.

And what have they given us in return (officially)?

Jeep Patriot (and other iterations of) - nice.

Crossfire - oh boy!

Neon - yippee!

Escalade - yes please :rolleyes:

etc. All dross.

Admittedly, the Corvette and angular Cadillac are looking good, but it's taken a good few decades! And is not a fair swap!

post-4326-137914431555_thumb.jpg

post-4326-137914431556_thumb.jpg

post-4326-13791443156_thumb.jpeg

post-4326-137914431562_thumb.jpg

Tipex, you're fecked in the head. It might be as tuneable as a Corsa, but it's got a chassis made of RSJs. Great in a straight line, but try going round a corner or stopping it :eek:

American cars are sh*t. End of thread +++

I don't care, I still want one, and when I get one, I'm going to leave your golf behind in a cloud of tyre smoke! (until we get to the corners)

I don't care, I still want one, and when I get one, I'm going to leave your golf behind in a cloud of tyre smoke! (until we get to the corners)

Hey, that's good. I see what you did there, right. It's like absolutely like kinda rite on m8 wiv ur refrence 2 this site +++

You've always got to have the last word, haven't you :P

No, we're saving "that room" in the hotel for you and Sleg...

Remember 'that room' from last year? you know, Duisbergs room that we got fined €200 for and threatened with the police!:eek:

Still, I think the bottle of liquid arse slowly rotting in the aircon inlet vent will be well worth our €200 when it goes off!:grin:

DISCLAIMER: The alleged action allegedly took place while we were on the Scumball last year. Duisberg didn't get right royally fecked off when we trashed his room before he arrived by checking in as him.

Actually, yes he did. And they gave him another room. We had to pay 200 Euros because they reckoned they wouldn't be able to let the room out that night. Bloody hotel people :P

Still makes me smile now...

No they didn't, you can't get it here, plus - it is based on an Elise, which we gave them.... :coffee::rolleyes:

Not content with doing it once, they're at it again (or someone doesn't have enough cash for this week's coffee & biccies).

I suppose they had to do something to make up for what are probably 'interesting' sales figures for the base motor:rolleyes:

post-11479-137914431594_thumb.jpg