NZ VW Scirocco

peugeot6

Hi all I have just moved from the GTI site, having sold my 2005 GTI and am awaiting delivery next week of my 2.0TSI Scirocco, having purchased in sight unseen, but based on the reviews of it in the UK. The New Zealand importer/distributor has an initial order of 50, so only limited choice.

My specs are:

2.0 TSI

Viper Green ( I hope the colour is not too out there)

18" alloys (option)

Leather Seats (option)

Panorama roof. (option)

I have now seen and driven one. On further inspection it looks like the NZ importer to keep the price down, has gone for a more basic spec.

Unfortunately, climatronic air is an option - it comes standard with climatic air ( shame as I had climatronic as std on the GTI)

Also it does not have auto lights or rain sensing wipers.

Other evidence of interior cost cutting over the GTI, is cup holders not covered, nor is the ash tray. Also there is no gas strut for the bonnet.

So while I have gone backwards with the spec, the shaoe I love, and the driving experience as well, even though the test drive was limited to motorway and suburban streets.

I will post photos once she arrives and a more indepth appraisal of the car.

I was sad to say goodbye to the GTI, as it is a fantastic all rounder. The new Mark 6 will be even better in an incremental way, but the Scirocco was a change to try a coupe design for awhile.

Cheers

congratulations on the purchase, good to see you guys in NZ are getting the car, i love mine and prefer it to our GTI, yes the cost cutting is a bit annoying but in reality does not bother me, prepare to get a lot of atention in that, pop in and say hello at Central