[Audi A3/S3] A3 wip

Phil_S

Ill update this regularly with new pics and changes to my a3 (usually when i can finally afford some parts)

anyway here it is standard, well tints dont have a photo of it before them

more to come i get my facelift bonnet and bumper back from the sprayshop tomorrow, and then i can also fit my drl foggers, ill post pics of them later

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

VWvortex Forums: A3 Custom FogGrill LEDs (non S-line) DIY...

however when tiptronic states use a 3/8" drill bit id reccommend a 8mm with some filling to get a tight press fit, saves you having to glue them in place and then seal with silicone, whereas with the 8mm drill bit and some filling the lights stay in place dont vibrate and once theyre sealed with silicone from the back they aint going anywhere.

just a little tip for you that i learned whilst doing the project myself, gives a neater result as for the wiring i just wired mine into my sidelights and taped em up with the waterproof factory tape that audi themselves use and i wired em into a connector box so you can remove teh grilles without cutting any wires :D all in all if i were to rate the idfficulty on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most difficult its about a 3, let me see your results if you go ahead, and im here if you need any advice

the single grill is always an inprovemment. The daylight running lights looks good too, nicely tucked away like OEM.

I went the whole hog & fitted S3 front, not cheap but looks fantastic.

super sexy, i hate you now youre making me get the itch to change it all over again :P

Looks good Phil - Where did you get your facelift grill from bonnet? I've been considering doing the same with my 04 plate 3.2 v6 S-Line but was put off by the look of some conversions - they just didnt look right. Yours however looks as if it were like that from day one...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, have a couple questions as i'm really baffled by the conversion parts and process, :ffs:

I have a a3 54 plate and want to convert the front to a single grill. I just bought a front bumper and single grill off a 5door a3 sportback, now i need a bonnet (as you well know, the pre-facelift bonnet for split grill does not fit correctly onto the single grill) and i'm wondering if the 5dr sport back bonnet fits onto a 3dr:confused: Audi are very unhelpful and also will not offer a refund even if it comes back to them unused, so there is no room for error (w***ers).

Do you know also whether the bonnet is a straight fit and uses the same fittings as the old bonnet or will it require new bits and fittings:confused:

part numbers and lists will be of great help!

i would really appreciate your feedback people!

thanks in advance

k

hi phill i bet your getting sick of this but im after the same conversion . The car looks mint mate. iv got a 53 plate 2ltdi se 3door i was wondering if you could email me the parts code bonnet code etc. youve kicked started a old shape revolution i think lol. 2 me this shape with the new grill etc looks better than the 07 reg does any1 agree