Audi RS3 to be launched at 2010 Geneva show

CarMad

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the engine and exhaust note will be sublime! Look forward to hearing a lot more of that glorious 5 cylinder sound.

Ford's 5 cyl is too quiet! Get it heard!

Well click this link, it sounds pretty darn good in the TT-RS. +++Audi TT RS (2009) teaser pictures and audio | Automotive & Motoring News | Car Magazine Online:notworthy::heart::notworthy:

• 1 month later...

RS3 is definitely my dream-car, but I would like it with a Standard gearbox.

Audi of America has switched to automatic (or DSG) gearboxes on almost all-models now, excluding RS or R-models usually, but you never know especially considering the Golf-like (hatch) cars like the A3 have been DSG-only in most pricey configurations. (you can't get an A3 in the USA with Quattro without it having DSG... no 6-speed manuals)

Oh, and might I add that I'd definitely like it to look a bit more aggressive than the current S3. Don't get me wrong, I loved the previous S3 (2006 model)... it was gorgeous and my absolute dream-car. However, something about the headlights and "feel" of the latest models just doesn't get me as excited... kind of like the awkward B7-years... even after owning an '07 RS4 I just never felt the same about Audi. Love the B8 though, and B6 was great as well but felt dated after the B7 improvements.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I really like cars and i rather be in toyota corrolla than the current incarnation of the RS3. I saw pictures of the RS3 based on the s3 mule which looks ugly as hell and looking like its anti creators wore 4 inch thick glasses. Irregular shaped headlights which looks like an amalgmation of the r8 and a5 headlights which should be enough to send it to the crushers. However i have seen a photoshop version in blue when you google rs3 and autocar. I hope they make this version with wider arches. Nice hefty deposit waiting in a orderly fashioned queue or if its anything like s3 mule then down payment for a house with two fingers up at audi.

• 1 month later...
There won't ever be an RS3 - all that will ever exist is Photoshop images.

I think you could be wrong this time and we will also all be shocked, the S3 makes no sense really with the Golf R and Sciroco R using the S3 engine and being more expensive, Audi need a new weapon in its range and the RS3 would be superb.

I think you could be wrong this time and we will also all be shocked.

I want to be wrong...

But unless Audi have had a change of heart I don't see it happening, they've gone on record as saying that they don't see an RS3 as having sufficient market, but maybe the moves to downsize cars have made them reconsider that?