Mafia Wars on the iPhone

Mollox

Remember not to add too many people to your mafia if you haven't got any weapons. You should have a weapon, armour and a vehicle for each one or you'll end up getting your arse kicked by someone with hardly anyone in their mafia.

Also the best value job seems to be 'Mug Chump' and the best Exp job is 'disposal of body'.

Also spend all your money before you go to the doctor so it's cheaper.

OK, I've worked this game out :grin:

Forget Jobs and forget property for now. Its all about Fighting.

I had a mafia of 6 this morning, its now 136, I've bought over 300 weapons this afternoon :roflmao:

Here's the trick, its all about having the biggest mafia and ensuring that each member has the best possible offensive weapon, defensive weapon, and not so much at first, vehicle.

A small team of well equipped mafiosi can take out much bigger mafias from players on much higher levels.

The trick is growing your Mafia - once you understand that then it gets a lot easier. Individual scores, weapons, points, money or whatever from other players in your mafia dont mean anything - an extra mafia member is simply a person that fights and does jobs for you. So for example, if I'm in your Mafia, my level, my 130+ mafia and all my weapons count for nothing - I'm just +1 to you and someone to put weapons against.

So, with that in mind, how do you grow your mafia? Google :grin:

Just google something like "iphone mafia wars ID" and you'll get pages and pages of ID lists. Add as many as you can, its free and instant.

THEN - the good bit. What you really want is higher level players that are sitting there doing what we were doing - slowly building cash, aiming for property and the slow burn and neglecting to build a big mafia and arm them. If they have a half-decent offensive force but have forgotten defense then their still game.

As you've seen, the fight list is a bit naff and there's rarely any real money to go for.

So where do you find the sort of player we're looking for? In your own Mafia list :grin: Yep, dirty fighting - it doesn't matter at all and that's how players are growing fastest. Plus you get to see their strengths and inventory so you can be relatively safe in picking targets.

I started hitting players with £2m cash and was taking £80-120k a fight - £1m an hour :)

So what you really want are stamina points so you can have as many fights. You'll sometimes find what seem to be dormant players with no weapons (either that or they're stupid) - keep hitting them and you can take 100s of thousands off them in minutes.

Dont plough the proceeds into property just yet - remember you can make £100k instantly from fighting, instead buy weapons - I'm finding the Hacksaw to the the best price/punch balance and body armour (£6k) the best for defence. Keep adding people and keep totting them up and suddenly your mafia is a force to be reckoned with.

I will eventually go the property route and use that to fund stronger offensive weapons but in the meantime I'm growing like a bastard and raiding people left right and centre ;)

Try it +++

Oh and since winning/losing fights costs the loser a percentage of their cash, try and fight with next to no money (unless you're saving) and you really have nothing to lose when going after someone with big cash.

Trying to work out if the cash win is capped at £120k - I hope not, but I just hit a level 45 guy with £7m and only got £120k back :(

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever you do, don't download the update. I can't play the bloody game now - it just crashes whatever you do. Apparently its a universal problem and the patch is a joke - another version is coming in a couple of days.

Stick with 1.0 for now +++

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...