Review - 'Recaro Special Option'....

RedRobin

They don't look very comfortable thou :D

If I was to get the HGP460 kit for the .:R32 I would also reduce the weight of the car.... those seats would be perfect, rip out the rear seats and all the sound proofing, remove a/c unit, move battery to rear of the car, carbon bonnet, boot, wings, skirts and bumpers...... full FIA harness system incl fire, uprated brakes and alloys, suspension,..... would like to be around 1200-1300kgs tops!

Riz +++

....You've been reading what jonnyc has been doing to his GTI Ed30!

I'd go for Jonny's choice of Recaro Pole Positions if I was going more hardcore. My Recaros came from Jonny. He's racing an Aston at LeMans this year so knows a thing or two about seats.

DSC05259.jpg

....They certainly did! +++

..............................................................................................

I've literally just now received a sample of the Interlagos cloth so I can re-upholster the cushion areas on the R32 Recaros.

carbonvinyl_wholetrim.jpg

I was thinking about how Interlagos would finish them off nicely with the rears...and I'm pleased to see you have already sourced the cloth. +++

....You've been reading what jonnyc has been doing to his GTI Ed30!

I'd go for Jonny's choice of Recaro Pole Positions if I was going more hardcore. My Recaros came from Jonny. He's racing an Aston at LeMans this year so knows a thing or two about seats.

DSC05259.jpg

Very nice indeedy.... bet they are about £2000. Hate to think how much they would charge to have the .:R logo printed on them! :o

Riz +++

I was thinking about how Interlagos would finish them off nicely with the rears...and I'm pleased to see you have already sourced the cloth. +++

....So am I pleased!!!! You won't believe how difficult it is sourcing proper Interlagos! And the complete covers for my Recaros in Interlagos would cost £570 and that's with discount!

Interlagos1.jpg

^ I was sent one sample (eventually) which is neither backed nor matching and the guy wanted £90 per metre. The matching sample is not only foam backed and far more durable but costs £60 per metre.

....I don't know their cost but only that my money buying from Jonny went towards their cost.

Think ive found them or similar ones.... RECARO Pole Position (ABE).

Should work out to £1500-2000 with seat kits

Mmmm i wouldnt mind some of them for the .:R32 with R32 logo on them.... rip the rear seats out .... no no no..... got to keep away from modding!

Riz :D

Suprised me a lot as Recaro have been making good seats for many years. Bit dissappointing considering the cost.

I had one of the 1st Leon Cupra R models with the full Recaro interior and those seats were brilliant. It even had bucket seats in the back.

The Recaros in the .:R re a good place to be and do look the business+++

I agree, We had them in our early cupraR too. Great seats. I also had the earlier recaro version in our Ibiza GTI 16V. I really miss both those cars mainly because of the seats.

I would have went for recaros in the mk5 GTI too but the 'wings' made them uncomfortable for my body frame. As for the price in the mk5 iirc i quoted figures out of the price lists i have on the other forum linked too.

As for the price in the mk5 iirc i quoted figures out of the price lists i have on the other forum linked too.

....You did (Thanks, Geoff) - I need to edit my thread on the other forums but TSN put a short time limit on edits here :( so I can't do it.

IIRC it was something like £900 for cloth Recaros and £2,300 for leather ex Wolfsburg. It would have been cheaper for me to have ordered them originally but I had no idea then that I'd mod my GTI so much and would want them.

I blame everyone on the GTI forums everywhere!

.... rip the rear seats out .... no no no..... got to keep away from modding!

Especially as you want to keep your .:R standard, Riz!

It's pretty extreme what this chap has done to his Ed30, stripping it out like that - obviously a track toy.

They don't look very comfortable thou :D

If I was to get the HGP460 kit for the .:R32 I would also reduce the weight of the car.... those seats would be perfect, rip out the rear seats and all the sound proofing, remove a/c unit, move battery to rear of the car, carbon bonnet, boot, wings, skirts and bumpers...... full FIA harness system incl fire, uprated brakes and alloys, suspension,..... would like to be around 1200-1300kgs tops!

Riz +++

Apparently they are very comfy from what I've heard.

1300 kgs? Only 500kgs more than my car :P

• 1 month later...