Why bother with an A3?

niaz5

I can't think of many cars that make me smile like my S3 does. Is it a toy for boys? The suggestion just makes me chuckle. I can't think of many real-world cars that accelerate above 100 like my S3 does. Like everything, you get used to it. Having just been out in a friend's BMW 320 (which he was stretching quite a bit) it dawned on me (once again) just how fast this car really is. Its a world away from 99% of cars on the road.

The thing that makes me feel so smug is its "only a 1.8". The performance is incredible for such a small power unit and the S3 was born to be tuned.

After 2.5 years I'm still madly in love with the car and not in the slightest bit bored. That's never happened before. Even now, I'm so looking forward to 9 o' clock when I have to go out in it grin.gif

To be honest, I can't see the point in comparing it to an A6 fuck_scott.gif

beerchug.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

What can I say, I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as bedtime stories or treehouses on Hampstead Heath? grin.gif

I'm not so sure. I think the C5 platform is quite a classic. Oddly enough, I wasn't so keen on the A6 saloon's rear end - too curvy and Americanised. However, the subtle knifework quattro GmbH did to the RS 6 just set it off perfectly IMHO.

Dsc00089.jpg

Dsc00112.jpg

I hope the C6 looks better in the flesh than it does in those pictures. It might, just might, be aluminium-bodied, which would be fantastic news if it happens.

Nice carrrrrrrrrr what can I say.

You have give me a great idea, I'll get the bumpers/sideskirts painted in the same colour as the body work. It looks very good on your car.

How fast is the RS6 do you have some figures? lets compare say to a Lotus Esprit Turbo GT3 (Top speed 190, 0-60 4.2 secs etc) tongue.gif

Cheers

niaz.........

[ QUOTE ]

How fast is the RS6 do you have some figures?

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends upon who you ask - stock 0-62 times vary from 4.7 to 4.4 depending upon who's test you go by. Stock top speed is around 175 to 180mph.

What I like about the RS 6 is that despite it's performance, it could still comfortably carry four adults and a long weekend's-worth of luggage hundreds of miles at 120mph without breaking a sweat, and is equally at home taking granny into town to get her shopping.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That would be multilingual nit-picking post whore... ha.gifgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amongst other things! the_finger.gif

Was watching Ronin again the other day, the S8 really doesn't fare well against them Citreons does it yelrotflmao.gif You need to be watching out for Saxo's me thinks sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Those little front wheel drive cars would be more in your league no? ha.giftongue.gif

Not taking the p*** but.......

Can you get a pizza in the boot of an A3? Or can you get half? the other half in the back seats.

Are the windows tinted so that the half pizza is hidden?

How fast is the A3? or is speed not essential as the car will not move with all the ICE?

Why is the car behind an A3 and not in front?

Come on guys show us what you are really made of, prove this old guy he is wrong, do you have any pics?

Too fast for ya FIREdevil.gif

Mines an A6 and you can get the full pizza factory in the boot..............

Regards

niaz

Hello

Thanks for the pic, I totally agree with your comments- perhaps Audi think it is better to built bulk over quality?

Audi have had 7 years to invest in this car (not like the 3 years for the current A6) and I think IMO that they have not done enough.

The interior I presume will be a scaled down version of the new A8, this has an excellent cabin.

I guess it is hard act to follow, but can someone explain to me what is actually dated in the current shape?

cheers laugh.gif

niaz...........

[ QUOTE ]

Not taking the p*** but.......

Can you get a pizza in the boot of an A3? Or can you get half? the other half in the back seats.

Are the windows tinted so that the half pizza is hidden?

How fast is the A3? or is speed not essential as the car will not move with all the ICE?

Why is the car behind an A3 and not in front?

Come on guys show us what you are really made of, prove this old guy he is wrong, do you have any pics?

Too fast for ya FIREdevil.gif

Mines an A6 and you can get the full pizza factory in the boot..............

Regards

niaz

[/ QUOTE ]

Well why do I have an A3, because size matters especially when travelling in Amsterdam (It's OK for Sven he's allowed to put his Barge on the canal!). I'm not an old fart so don't have 3 kids a wife and two dogs to ferry about, and Pizza's fit quite well in the passanger footwell. I don't have any friends so the back seats aren't required and if they were there's enough room, but basically the A3 is perfect for my needs, and in terms of performance...read my sig!

There's obviously been no logical thought put into your question/statement as if there was than rationally you could see that everyone has there own needs from a car and size doesn't matter!

P.S. the only car I would touch in that range is the RS6, other than that the A4 is more than adequate. beerchug.gif

I think Audi are losing it, the new A3,Pikes peak and now A6 have all been disappointments. The only new Audi that has excited has been the Stepenwolf (not sure if that's spelt right). They just don't seem to be 'Audi's' anymore tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant this in terms of exterior design only

(Was drunk as is usual when posting beerchug.gif)

[ QUOTE ]

Oi!! You mean Gambba was over there for HOW LONG?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only 4 weeks!! I had business to attend as well don't forget and I did try desperately to make it to the Milky K meet...but business got in the way, and no other meets were on in this period.

Had a few beers with a mate of mine who has an S3 and another who has a TT does that constitute two meets? yelrotflmao.gif

Graham, you get your arse across my side of the water and I'll ply you with beer! pengy.gif