Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Graham

Speaker Size

3 posts in this topic

What up peeps,not been on for a LONG time with cus of new job and lack of time etc... just a quick question anyone know what size speakers a golf mkiv would have front and back

Cheers in advance oh and a happy new year to all

Don't quote me but I think the bass drivers (in the front, possibly the back) are 16cm but they may be non-standard - I've seen adapters for the pods in halfords. If I was going to change them I'd go that route and then I knew any off the peg driver would fit the adaptor rather than wonder if the speaker will fit (badly) direct into the VW pod.

The tweeters are a different matter - I've heard lots of stories about them being non-standard. Don't forget they need to match the bass drivers as well unless you want to be messing about soldering resitors on the drivers to get the crossover point right. Also, in the front, from what I can make out in the Haynes manual you have to strip down all the internal portion of the wingmirror mounts to get them out. But it lists removal/refitting of all the speakers as only a "2-spanner" difficulty job.

Good luck and hope this helps. Please post your progress - have had an idea to upgrade at the back of my mind for a while but always put off a bit by all the above! beerchug.gif

had a quick look on the net after i posted that...and accoring to some american site they are 17 front and back

and yes you doo need the adaptors from hellfords unless you are going to make your own. what i plan to do is use infinity speakers with own tweets and crossovers.

Will let you know how i get on as the car has gone back in cus the speedo isnt working fekr.gif and i get a lose of power around 3000-3500 so looks like a MAF of DV gone, at least i hope thats all it is Flush.gif