New Astra - more info

News_Stig

I'm wondering if I have over-watered my Mesembryanthemums, I thought like Livingstone Daisys they preferred heavy soil/compost mix and lots of water, but it would appear they are a different plant altogether (despite the obvious physical similarities) and prefer thin, well drained soil. They are now rather soggy, and unlikely to survive potting out.

Sorry, did you say something about an Astra ? :zzz:

I think that looks really nice, not all of use are snobs about our cars are we TDK. :rolleyes:

Vauxhall IMO have come out with a few really good looking fresh cars that could easily have a Audi badge on but they wouldn't look bland enough I guess. :P:grin:

I think that looks really nice, not all of use are snobs about our cars are we TDK. :rolleyes:

Snob !? You've not seen the sh1theaps I own then :grin:

It was more a case of finding it hard to get excited about 'ordinary' metal, I'm sure they're pretty worthy transport, but I don't see any technology/styling to get me excited. +++

It was more a case of finding it hard to get excited about 'ordinary' metal, I'm sure they're pretty worthy transport, but I don't see any technology/styling to get me excited. +++

Well it has active ride the same as the latest Audi hardware, so soft, sport and touring, active lights that change the way they light the road up depending on speed conditions etc. not bad on just an Astra IMO and I'm sure there is more than just these. +++

We have a big turn over of vauxhalls in our family, and I know I keep saying this to an audience that doesnt listen - but they have far less time in the dealer then any VAG car I have owned.

Nobody will ever listen. Had a couple of very sturdy Vauxhalls as well, plus a current Ford that has been far more solid than most would have you believe but the badge and the perception of 10+ years ago will always win out:rolleyes:.

As for that Astra, looks nice but a touch bland. However, they need to get better with the engines and parts of the interior. The ones I used to have as hire cars had manky seats and the most awful petrol engines - sounded worse than a lot of diesels (which given Vxs used to have really nice engines was a bit of a let down).

Edited by D1MAC

I like the look of that - much better that the Vectra replacement (forget the name) which looks like some Korean effort.

I've owned a few vauxhalls through the 90's and two out of the three were shockers from a reliability point of view and one needed a complete new engine at 5000 miles having chucked it's oil everywhere. Plastic cam tensioners were a big mistake as i recall plus it's taken them 15 years to finally sort silly things like the faulty hazard light switch buttons.

Got to move on and accept things probably have improved. No longer do you read regularly of Vauxhalls reliability issues in the car mags any more - in fact I suspect they are more reliable that their Ford counterparts these days and German stuff too! I think that Vauxhall have had some unfair criticism over the years - some justified, yes but some not.