Audi S4 supercharged V6 2009 - Review....

RedRobin

No I don't think I will be debadging mine or adding anything either. The most modding I've ever done is to add an S-line badge to the front of my B6 errrmmm S-line! This is when they didn't come with the badge on the grille as they do on the B7 & B8.

The whole V6T super/turbocharger thing is a bit daft why don't audi just call it what it is rather the coming up with some bullsh1t about "the concept of forced induction in general".

I suspose I could add an R in front of the S? :fecker: :smashfreak:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Newcomer to Tyresmoke but not to Audis. I have just taken delivery this week of a new S4 Avant in exchange for my old RS6 Avant. Picture below.

Missed the exhust music on the old girl, and have not yet had the chance to stretch the legs of the new "Scarlet Lady" but she promises much.

Welcome to Tyresmoke +++

Anyone know the reason why audi went supercharged rather than the traditional turbocharging?

I read somewhere that the bonnet line was too shallow to take two turbos in the V of the engine.

PS No idea whether this is complete rubbish BTW.

They were originally developing the new S4 V6 with a turbocharger, when "someone" in the development team thought that in this application they should maybe try supercharging.

They developed the turbo and supercharged engines side by side and as we can see supercharging won the race. Reasons cited by Audi are mainly to do with the engine response as the supercharger provides an instant response in fact as many people have said in this application better than even a normally aspirated engine. Turbo charging will still be used for engines with outputs over 400bhp according to Audi.

....Really!? :eek:

Oh yes, I forgot I was on Tyresmoke :rolleyes:. That pic is hardly lewd, or is it because some/many of you are supposed to be working.

Nothing to do with TSN Robin, I was at work viewing a thread on TSN that was a review of a car. It was my lunch break, but I was using my PC on my desk. Thankfully my line manager wouldn't bat an eyelid but if my internet usage is monitored I might get a chat in the office.

Cheers for the edit Mook/

Oh yes, I forgot I was on Tyresmoke ROLLEY%7E14.GIF. That pic is hardly lewd, or is it because some/many of you are supposed to be working.
Think you've completely missed the point here Robin - supposed to be working? Is that some form of patronisation to imply people are doing something wrong? Some people may not be working - they be on a break or whatever - but many will be accessing via a work system which is often monitored. We have an open Internet policy for example but that doesn't mean downloading/viewing anything is fine.

It's all about respect for where people are and what they're doing +++ If something has a WW tag THEY have a choice whether to view it or not. If it doesn't, and there's a big pic of a girl being provocative in the middle of the post they don't have a choice. In a work environment that could be at best mildly embarrassing and at worse a disciplinary.

Can I also add that I don't understand the vvvv .... >>>> things either. I've never seen them anywhere but from you :grin: What's wrong the quote button? The vvvv isn't clear as often your posts are on a page break so the you've no idea what it's referring to anyway :confused: People have different number of posts on their view for example. It doesn't matter I guess, but I can't see they actually serve a purpose other than to give people something on to whinge/moan/question.

From a Net etiquette point of view it could be viewed as being 'rude' as being a waste of bandwidth too :P Of course that's less important now everyone has high-bandwidth connections, so people tend not to bother too much about net etiquette anymore do they? Except maybe for the sizing of pictures?

Edited by Mac

You don't have to be a brain surgeon to understand vvvv when it's displayed the same as your keyboard intends but some clever dick on TSN decided it would be better to make it into vvvv. I guess you get a great rush of blood if you stand on your head to view it. It's only on TSN that I get complaints about it - Or rather where some people don't understand that an up symbol is a pointer to the above or previous post.

Unfortunately the TSN forum software doesn't quote a whole exchange and also doesn't allow a quote insert.

If my post starts a new page I would normally go back and use the quote just to be helpful, but this TSN software shuts off editing too soon sometimes. And, yes, I forgot that we all have different size screens and page views so perhaps I'll rethink that one.

Sometimes the way TSN is and some of its members are, brings out the worst in me and I then enjoy being patronising and also embarrassing people just because some employers rules are so full of hypocrisy. It's just my reaction.

You're not wrong in your point of view, Mac.

:)

Sometimes the way TSN is and some of its members are, brings out the worst in me and I then enjoy being patronising and also embarrassing people just because some employers rules are so full of hypocrisy. It's just my reaction.

....I'll quote that in a disciplinary then

You enjoy patronising and trying to embarrass people? Remind me, are you an adult :P

The whole ....vvvv <<<< thing isn't embarrassing to anyone other than you RR, it makes you look like you're 'trying' too hard to be special :confused: Nobody else uses them, feels the need for them, or in fact from the sound of it finds them useful.

Ho hum :) It doesn't really matter in the scheme of things does it? I may start my messages with BO! from now on, in a sign of solidarity.

BO!