new iPhone 3GS announced now...

bazza_g

:grin: Apple in the process of announcing the new iPhone 3G at the Mac thingy on at the mo, all on top of the 3.0 firmware....

Voice Control for itunes and other things

HSDPA support

3meg camera with auto focus

Video (30fps)support

digital compass

bettery battery

hardware encryption

remote deletion of your data if lost/nicked

2 - 3x faster apploading (sun spider test twice as fast as iphone 3G)

Nike+ support

Tom-Tom sat nav

Up to 5 hours 3G talk time, 9 hours of WiFI internet.

16 and 32GB versions

'tethering' option to use the iPhone as a 3G modem with a laptop

Pricing.....

iPhone 3G S shipping in 10 days:

32GB selling for $300!!!

16GB $199 !!!

Current iPhone 3G staying on market and price slashed today - 8GB iphone 3G will be $99!!!

Edited by bazza_g

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:grin: it won't be anywhere near that cheap here - remember all the other Apple products like iPod and Macbooks are not the US $ price converted into GBP +++

Top Macbook Pro in UK is £1,849

Top Macbook Pro us USA is $2,499

Nearly £300 difference at current rates....

Edited by bazza_g

I`ve been waiting for this news to arrive and to be honest I`m not that impressed, just seems like a revamp of the current iPhone.

Think I`m going to head down the Nokia N97 route, need a semi-decent camera with some form of flash, I assume the iPhone still does`nt have flash.

I will wait until the end of the month to make a choice.

Riz +++

Yeah the screen is fine but a nice OLED screen would have been far more friendly on the battery life, nothing to do with quality and any iPhone could do with a bit longer away from charges. +++

It is indeed a great phone, I might even get one myself. :grin:

I will have a bash with the new iphone, will be my first, tried the Nokias and HTC and didn't get on with them, so I will keep my Sony C905 or whatever it is called, just in case.

I have just ordered a new 15" macbook pro too. They come with 4gb of ram as standard and can take 8gb so should be good for photos.

My 2.0ghz duo has dome me proud though, so don't mind spending money on a new one, they tend to last me 2-3 years before feeling the need to upgrade.

So when do we get the 3.0 upgrade for our existing 3g iphones?

And anyone know if there will be an equivalent upgrade for the original iphone?

Wonder if Tom-tom will be available for the existing 3g? I'll be needing a new Tom tom soon, and one less gadget on the dashboard would be a huge bonus!

:grin: am loving the 'tethering' option to use the iPhone 3GS as a 3G modem attached to your laptop +++

Yeah its good but unlike other phones / providers its £14 a month for 3GB of data it doesn't come within your normal plan, so its pretty expensive. :D

You have to pay for tethering?!! What a scam!

I know talk about making money, if you want to do the remote delete function you need mobileme as well.

I think its £14 for 3gb and £29 for 10GB...... ouch. I'm paying £22 and I can do what I like data wise really on a T-Mobile deal with a Nokia 5800.