Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theybe

Amplified Subwoofer

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have a mark 5 golf gti and looking for an amplified subwoofer.

Any advice on the best one to get.

I definitely know the MFD3 has a preout I believe so it should be fairly straight forward.

How I wish Golf gti's had bose speakers.

Cheers

The line out on my MFD2 had a lot of noise for some reason so I attached a line out converter (a FLI Line out converter from eBay) to the rear speakers from behind the HU and then ran the speaker wires down the opposite side of the car from the power lead. The + supply directly from the battery was the tricky part; There is a small hole behind the glove box through the bulkhead which you can use and can be accessed from the engine bay once you've moved the plastic shroud out of the way. from there it's easy.

Hi guys,

How I wish Golf gti's had bose speakers.

- No you don't if you have any interest in sound quality. They are a triumph of branding over quality. Ask anyone who knows about quality HiFi or car audio.

If you look on any audiophile forum Bose will either be totally ignored, or regarded as a joke (BOSE = Better Off with Something Else).

I really like the Bose stuff, I don't have any time for 'Audiophiles' they are always incredibly boring people.

I really like the Bose stuff, I don't have any time for 'Audiophiles' they are always incredibly boring people.

:grin: Had Bose in the Audi and it was OK, but BOSE in the home might look good but out is it a dog when it comes to the sound for the money. :eek:

I've always been more than happy with Bose home equipment, I've got Acoustic Energy stuff at the mo, but I really liked the Bose stuff I had before!

Perhaps it's just I like a bass heavy sound, which Bose seem good at.