Donnington to get F1 for 17 years

shao_khan

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Leicestershire | Donington secures 17-year F1 deal

Personnally I think this is a total waste of money, justthat egomaniac bernie throwing his toys out of his pram because silverstone dared to have an opinion that wasnt his.

I think Northamptonshire County Council should sue bernie for the costs they have incurred in road infrastructure to assist in Silverstone.

Oh and BTW Bernie is a nob.

Cant see what all the fuss is about? Silverstone isn't that great as a circuit.

Why shouldn't the British GP be at different circuits? it's still in Britain, so still the British GP???

Just means it's even further away for me, Shame Brands didn't get it! thats less than an hour away!

Silverstone has had years and goodness knows how many different plans and ideas on what the updated circuit is going to look like, big high curves, moving the start and finish line just about everything has been proposed.

But nothing has actually been done or change of note, and Bernie quite rightly has had enough. Donnington isn't a bad track and with some changes and improvements could be brilliant, I bet people would be complaining less if it was going to Brands Hatch wouldn't they...... :rolleyes::P

I don't see why the layout of Silverstone would need changing? Never driven it personally but its given some entertaining races over the years and in games it always seems quite fun to drive.

Its the facilities in and around the circuit that needed the work.

Drive the GP circuit - it's bloody awesome and very, very fast. Yes, it's fairly flat by comparison to somewhere like Donny, but that's not what all this is about - it's about money and the F1 circus not wanting to deal with the BRDC who, they can't deny, have been far from commercially minded about F1 at Silverstone.

Simple as.

I've done a few trackdays at Silverstone, and to be honest, I don't really rate it that much as a track.

The only section I really like is after Farm straight - Priory/brooklands/luffield.

The rest of it is pretty boring, if your unlucky enough to have to go on a national circuit day, you might as well just drive round the M25 for a couple of hours!