X3 Bumpers

mattchubb1

Hiya,

Newbie here :) Recently we had a little baby, so my E36 M3 had to be sold... and we had to buy a family car, which my wife decided we'd have an x3. So we bought a 55 plate black 3.0d sport auto, heated leather, 33k miles etc.... which we are very happy with, however when we were looking we wanted to get one with the aero / msport bumpers, but the one we ended up buying doesnt have them.

Just wondering our x3 has headlamp washers / sprayers.... and from what I've seen on the aero / msport bumpers im not sure i've seen a space for these?? Does anyone know if this is right?

Cheers

Matt

The M Sport and the Sport were different models altogether mate. The X3's seem to be a bit of a lego kit too with regards kits/spoilers/models etc. The Aero kit was an option on the SE and Sport models, but not on the M Sport models, that had it's own Kit.

IMO the MSport (with the 19"s) or the Sport/SE with an Aero Kit are the nicest looking ones. The upside of the Aero kits, is you can get the Aluminium Running Strips, an option i'd dearly love on my MSPORT!

With regards your original question, on the MSport the washers pop up from the bumper, on the Aero kits they sit on top of the bumper (permanantly on show). IMO they're annoying as they are too powerfull. When mine activate they practically spray the whole feckin car!

How are you finding it anyway? I bought mine after a run of GTi's and Coupes and absolutley love it. The engine is a peach, and the handling really surprised me!

• 4 weeks later...
The M Sport and the Sport were different models altogether mate. The X3's seem to be a bit of a lego kit too with regards kits/spoilers/models etc. The Aero kit was an option on the SE and Sport models, but not on the M Sport models, that had it's own Kit.

IMO the MSport (with the 19"s) or the Sport/SE with an Aero Kit are the nicest looking ones. The upside of the Aero kits, is you can get the Aluminium Running Strips, an option i'd dearly love on my MSPORT!

With regards your original question, on the MSport the washers pop up from the bumper, on the Aero kits they sit on top of the bumper (permanantly on show). IMO they're annoying as they are too powerfull. When mine activate they practically spray the whole feckin car!

How are you finding it anyway? I bought mine after a run of GTi's and Coupes and absolutley love it. The engine is a peach, and the handling really surprised me!

Thanks for this!! Yeah I thought I had seen that on some of the M Sport bumpers that they looked flat on the bumper itself. It is quite funny when you go to spray the windscreen - i forget that they are there... and then all of a sudden you see all this spray go everywhere :)

I never thought that it would be as good as it actually is! the 3.0d is a great engine! and i often wonder what it would be like chipped? but yeah i do like driving a mates mk5 gti... but then i love gettin back in the x3 as i find it soo easy to drive.