1997 Audi A8 Heater Problem

ssmyth182

Hello,

I am having a problem with the heating system on my A8. Basically, the cantre vents work perfectly, however, all other vents blow nothing but hot air, no matter what I request from teh system. I believe this may be cause by the heater control valves stuck open. I have checked that the fuse is fine.

Can anyone describe where these valves are and how easy they are to replace. Alternatively I am open to any suggestion of how to fix this and would like to hear from anyone who has had the same problem.

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

Hello,

I am having a problem with the heating system on my A8. Basically, the cantre vents work perfectly, however, all other vents blow nothing but hot air, no matter what I request from teh system. I believe this may be cause by the heater control valves stuck open. I have checked that the fuse is fine.

Can anyone describe where these valves are and how easy they are to replace. Alternatively I am open to any suggestion of how to fix this and would like to hear from anyone who has had the same problem.

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

If you have access to vagcom, diagnostics on the HVAC unit will tell you a lot - It may just be flap position motors that are out of position, or it may be faulty motors, either way shouldn't be too hard to fix +++