Hi Ho Hi Ho its of to the "stealers" we go...

Tiny12

So my sick sick 8 went off to the “stealers” (BROMLEY AUDI) after two guys came round ran VAG on it and found nothing…unfortunately doing my day job, running two other businesses “for fun” and my 9month old son don’t leave me much time to take on your wise words you have all given, about looking into fule pump issues my self, I thank you all the same.

They are running the diagnostic(£136 p/h+VAT) on it as we speak(I hope!) and will hear something back this arvo on what they think it is…I have a nasty feeling this may be sterling- tastic!!!

I was going to treat my self to a little MK2 GTI but I will hold off until hear back from the stealers!

Providing that the stealers don’t totally financially cripple me (probably will), I was wondering if any one had and S8 wheels in there garage they were looking to get rid of?

Let's hope the diagnosis isn't too bad fella +++

Shame you couldn't get her up to AV Performance in Burton-on-Trent. The guy is awesome at what he does, offers a 15% discount on parts and labour to A8OC members, and you'd never think twice about sending him stuff again.

Fingers crossed +++

As for the S8 rims. They're like rocking horse doo-doo, and hold a premium. But if you get hold of the guys at A8 Parts they may be able to help you. Again they offer free UK postage to A8OC members

i got the call at 13:15...........its was only the fule pump..yay....new one to be fitted tommorow for the price of £750 for parts labor and the diagnostic and VAT!!

hopfully i get it back tommorow arvo/thursday morning...if you think im exited you should hear the wife...she luuuuuvs that car!!

Oh well on the S8 wheels...i just a thought, i want a new set fot the car but not sure what, i have had 19 RS4/MTM's but they didnt float my boat, im thinking maybe a set of RS6's but again not entirely sure...i would really like a set of BBS LM's(cant warrent spening that type of money on wheels and tyres..more than the cars worth!! have found a set of reps with a et of 35...will that fit ok??

Mate, honestly don't let Audi do it. I spoke to Ben at AVP when I suspected my fuel pump was on its way out, he only wants an hour and a halfs labour. Whats that about £50 odd quid. Even if you have to transport to him you might still be better off and boy does he know his stuff about Audis. +++

I did have quick look into it and it would of cost me £290 to get the car there, plus cost of fuel pump /labor and getting the train up there to collect it (£60-£70) and would of still had to pay Audi Bromley £160 for diagnostics…next time I will send it up there!!! Thanks for the tip though mucho’s aprriciado!!