Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonC

E30 325i alloys

16 posts in this topic

A mate of mine has just bought a mint 1989 E30 3251 convertible with 75k documented miles the clock. It's completely stock along with 14" alloys. He wants to keep it as stock as possible (as there are far too many chaved-up E30's driving around London) but only change the alloys. No aftermarket alloys will be considered, so are there any original BMW motorsport alloys of some kind that would suit the car? He only wants to stick with original BMW alloys and definately no aftermarket jobbies. Any suggestions? +++

I'm not sure if 18'' would suit/fit an E30 but CSLs suit any BMW. Maybe some old Alpinas? 17'' E39 M5 alloys?

Why does he want to change the wheels ? They've a lovely looking old motor and as stated, there are too many tottering around on huge gangsta rims already.

BBS all the way for me. (Crap pic of the one I killed below)

old-bmw.jpg

Personally I too think the BBS wheels suit the E30 perfectly (I have an old 325 Touring); they are available in 15" though, which is what mines got +++

Peter

Alpina - of fooking course. BBS's are a good shout too. I'll suggest both to him and see what he says. Loving the idea of the E39 M5 alloys personally, but it's not up to me. Thanks for the suggestions +++

You can get them in 16" too, and they look great. However...they are 5 stud as they were for the M3 so you need convertors, oh and then fetch good money too.

I would say the 15" BBS is the one to go for, the 14" bottletops look alright but the 15s are far better.

Hmmm... there are some mustard, sorry, really nice BMW BBS wheels, think they are off the 8 series, but I have a feeling they only fit the M3, not the normal E30's.

There a loads about - got to be BBS type. They are BMW standard issue and really suit the car.

I'll see what I can find...

Car sounds awesome. Those E30's are lovely.

If you want to go with genuine wheels, get the BBS, if not Azev A's suit the car perfectly, also if he is interested in selling it i know somebody that will buy it depending on colour, condition(has to be mint)

if he is interested in selling it i know somebody that will buy it depending on colour, condition(has to be mint)

Lol, he's only just bought it. Doubt he wants to flog it, he's talking about upgrading the wheels!

lol, its my bro, he has been looking for an immaculate e30 for a while now, it has to be immaculate, if you dont get ask...

15" factory original BBS are the way to go.

16" Alpina originals are nice, as are Hartge 16" rims.

BBS RS Split rims in 15"/16" look the tits but will be worth more than the car.

Aftermarket, try and stay with something period. - Mine's on 16" Borbet Cs.

17" looks pimp but rides like shite on E30s. 18" looks stupid.

BK171 17" Alpina replicas are cheap, but weigh a metric lot per corner and disintegrate if tapped lightly with a kerb.

Weight versus looks versus handling versus availability and price, £100-150 will get you a tidy set of 15" BBS with centrecaps and legal but **** tyres.

Good call Omi; I'll let him know +++

AP, thanks for link, but linky not working :)