Mk6 GTI colours

Snoopy

Carbon gray looks awesome in that pic. I wonder if it's much easier than black to look after.

If it's anything like my BMW which is pretty much the same shade then I'd say it's similar to black to look after - perhaps just a little easier and shows the swirly scratch marks slightly less. Still looks very dirty when its only slightly dirty!

Here is a piccy of my old blue graphite pearl Golf.

Looks brilliant when polished up and clean but it really loses all it's sparkle when even just slightly dirtly and kind of makes the car look dull and old. I'd recommend seeing one a little older / dirtly too and you'll see what I mean. Don't think I would go for this colour again personally....would choose Carbon Grey over it for a GTI :)

IMGP1067.jpg

IMGP1072.jpg

IMGP1068.jpg

My local dealer has a Blue Graphite Pearl Metalic GTI at the moment. Sure it was nice and glossy being new but I really don't think it looks like a GTI should. It's far too understated and better suited to a luxury barge imo.

Sorry, no pics (was in a rush).

GTIs were always understated though, which many people see as a key hallmark of the car.

GTIs were always understated though, which many people see as a key hallmark of the car.

Compared to Ford's hot hatch offering, then yes, I agree, but that could be said of all VAG hot hatches including the S3 and the R32. Personally, I don't see them as understated and that's what attracted me to the GTI in the first place. That said, I still wouldn't have an overly bright colour though +++

Hmm... right, I loved white on the old car, but somehow it's not working on the new one, neither is silver. At all. It may well be just because they don't have rubbing strips.

I keep seeing red ones and they look fantastic, it really does works well with the back lights/ front grille etc, but I look at 3 year old red Mk 5's now and they are nothing special, so do I like it on the Mk6 just because the model is new etc? Plus, red can get swirly etc. And it's arguably a bit brash.

I love the carbon grey in those pics, as the other grey is a bit 'somewhere-in-between' (although I can't explain that!) However, I know how hard it is to keep black clean compared to white and silver, and if its similar to black, the car will only ever look great on the day you've cleaned it... any dust, rain etc ruins it and it makes it look dull and old.

Anyone got any more feedback on carbon grey - was it an option on the old model? Does it look good in real life and in other pics etc, as I'm aware that one picture can make a car look fantastic, aka the Mk6 promo pics in white.

Decisions. Decisions... although I do think that the darker colours suit the new car better, as I'm normally a fan of silver, and my current car is white.

My local stealer ( the one who doesnt know his oil from his elbow ) has a carbon grey prepped for 1st sept, it does look very nice indeed,

I am also suprised how good the silver looks on the mk6.

I was always a great fan of the red and white ( having owned both ) but i do think the dark metalics, if looked after properly age a bit better.

If i was to order today i would probably go for the carbon grey. :-)

Yes you really need to see the colours in the flesh and now is probably the best time to do it as all the new cars are waiting to be collected.

The carbon Gray if you like gray cars is imho the best gray one. The other one looks dull and as others have said blue graphite if not clean and on a dull day can also look dull/dirty.

Carbon Gray is also exclusive to the mk6 GTI (at this time).

The Frog's front mudflap adventure (pix inside)

Carbon grey 5dr Interlagos here at last (more pix)

VWvortex.com :: Galleries for some reason this link does not work right. after going to this link click 'golf VI' part then GTI US model. If that still does not work goto VWvortex.com click gallerys, click Volkswagen, click golf-gti-rabbit, click golf VI, click GTI(U.S. Model)

Also theres loads of photos of GTI colours at

AutoScout24: Suchergebnis

Edited by Snoopy