Golf R20

News_Stig

Well it doesn't get my juices flowing... typical understated Golf styling, 4 pot turbo'd engine (albeit good for 260 bhp), and they've dropped the R32. I wish VW would push the envelope a bit more sometimes...

Totally agree - this does nothing for me, exactly like the S3, these turbo'ed 4 pots of fecking dull....... Doesn't stir the soul at all.

Great shame that the 6 cylinder golf appears to be no more. :(

Well, I disagree. I love the 4-pot turbo as it's so damn tunable. Ed30's are good for 330bhp with remap and full turbo exhaust and are still very capabale drivers with that much power up front. This R-series Golf is going to be aimed squarely at the hardcore enthusiast, because with remap and full turbo pipe, will see of much of the competition.

I'm not sure if it is dull, TDK. It lacks the GTI front end, but does gain the sublime MKV R32 back end. Basically it's re-styled MKV R32 with a very potent 4-pot. It needs a more agressive front end, though. Am liking this view:

R204.jpg

Edited by JonC

But a quality higly tuned V6 would set it off nicely

Now that would be awesome, but it ain't going to happen as VW are getting emmissiontastic, so a 4-pot turbo is what we're getting and will have to make do with +++

Sadly this is the future so I'll enjoy my V6 while I can +++

Considering how expensive the MKVI GTI is, this is going to cost near the same as a S3 which IMO is a better built car even taking into account the improved interior quality of the MkVI.

Also the exhausts were like that in the MKV, could they not think of anything different for the MKVI especially after the excellent job they done on the pipes on the GTI. :roflmao:

Just a pity they didn't make the Rocco R AWD

I can see through them lol.

It has the Scirocco R front bumper.

It has that concept car from Worthersee rear LED lights.

Im also expecting from rumours and know VW for it to get the scirocco R type alloys in 18" with 19s optional.

The problem i personally have with it will be price and availability the GTI is more than the A3 version of it, And unlike the A3 you cannot get large discount. Hell even getting a mk6 GTI due to small dealer allocation is a huge nightmare like nothing i have known this side of a porsche. This meens the GTI gets damb near S3 money so this in real terms will end up been thousands more than the s3 in real terms imo. not good. It will also have its cousin the leon R to deal with, with the same engine and power at a fraction of the cost (GTI money) and probably a higher standard equipment spec too.

Edited by Snoopy