Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Risky

Sportback

8 posts in this topic

My wife has talked about trading in her S5 for something a bit easier to manage with our 20 month daughter. The S4 Avant had been the target, though I suspect we'd miss the V8 character a bit.

Howver the Sportback might be a nice compromise (I already have an allroad when we really need the space). I'm not sure when or if there might be a S5 version, but I suspect he 3.0TDi might a smarter move as we're not exactly pushing the S5 when there's a baby in the back.

Any news on when the sportback shows up in the showrooms and on a possible S5 variant?

No S5 from launch but normal models supposed to be available to order now with first deliveries in the Autumn but lead times seem to be slipping on the rest of the A5 range so who knows...

Sat in a Sportback the other day. A nice bit of kit but no privacy glass option on the price list for some reason.

I checked it out and it doesn't seem anywhere near as family focused as an A4 or A4 Avant.

As mentioned there's no privacy glass but also no rear blinds.

I got an invite to the lauch along with a firework display .... oh and free hot dogs so I may just pop along ;)

Not sure how you would fit rear blinds on frameless doors. I agree with your conclusion, I would have an A4 Avant as a family car.

Mrs M is waiting on her S3 Sportback though. Will see how we get on with that day to day but we will still use the Land Rover for long trips, holidays etc.

Not sure how you would fit rear blinds on frameless doors.

That's a very good point! :grin:+++

Sportbacks should be available in all dealerships now..

i think they look great, but have yet to get up close to one.

sportback's only got 4 seats not 5.

depends on the size of family of course ...