A6 MMI Full Dension 500 help

crsnwby

Hi,

Im trying to get my Dension 500 installed in my Audi but was wondering as I have lost the fibre splicer can I just unplug the CDC and use the Dension instead?

Also any clues on where to take the 12v power from would be appreciated. I have seen a few taking it straight from the fuse box with a spade connector but cant see exactly which connection.

Thanks

Hi.

I cant say for certain, but removing the CDC should be ok, as the MOST loop will be left intact.

As for the power, I used a scotch block (those blue clamp shut things) and just connected to the constant live that goes to the CDC - the ground I connected to an earthing bolt to the left and under the glove box (you'll see it when you remove the glove box).

HTH

Thanks gents.. Just finished installing and its working great... simply taped the fibre together did the job so I could keep my CDC...

One quick question.. For power I removed the MMI 5A fuse from the fuse box and simply wrapped the wire and replaced the fuse.. This gives me perm live..

When I finished the blue light on the unit remains on when the car is off and the ipod is still charging.. will this drain my battery if I leave the ipod plugged in? or will it goto sleep eventually when the car is off?

I don't get what you mean regarding taping the fibre together, you undo the fibre connector and the cable slides out.

You then slide the original out, put the new one in, and you put a new end on the two loose fibre cables and this plugs into the Dension.

The unit should go to sleep when the most bus shuts down, I know on BMWs this is 15 minutes after the car is locked.

I did not have the little connector whick connects the existing fibre to the new dension one which you need to keep the CDC running. So I just taped them together.

One thing that has happened is the airbag light is now on the dash all the time. Probably cos I unplugged the connector from the top of the glove box and stupidly powered up the electrics. Can anyone confirm if this is the issue?

You need to get that reset at a dealer or someone with vag com.

I don't think you get or need the connector.

You get one that goes into the Dension, and the other one is in the CDC already, you take that out, remove the fibre cable that goes into the cd changer from the plug, plug your new cable in there, and then you plug the wire coming from the depths of the car into the connector in the dension, and the wire hanging out of the CDC into the other side.

I see what you mean about the connector.... When I install the BT module I can remove the tape an just connect from the car straight into the dension.

The strange thing with the airbag is, its not the passenger one its the drvier one... how could that have happened when I removed the glove box connector only when i turned on the electrics?