Going to part ex S3 for 335d

safety69

Finally had enough with Audi as a brand and the problems I have had with my 2003 S3 and decided on a complete change and started looking at a used 335D M sport which seem reasonably priced from a dealership.

I have been out for a passenger ride and my first impression is that its in a different league to the S3, the torque is unbelievable. And having read peoples reviewed of a DMS remapped version, I am very keen and excited about finding the right one.

Not knowing much about BMW customer service, how do they look upon remaps on approved used cars? I am keen to keep the warranty valid and the remap is going to be noticeable on a test drive.

Do DMS sell a switchable mapping box for flexibility over standard and performance maps like Revo do for VAG cars?

Going to be trekking out again tomorrow to visit some other dealerships and hopefully get a test drive in one.

The extended warranty should be a primary consideration. BMW TD's are strong, but there is a failure rate and you don't want to have to be paying for that.

As for the prospect of maps, well would you (as a commercial concern) take on a blown or busted car inside a warranty for product X when a 3rd party has made that product X + (unknown) map.

Some do seem to be acceptable, but I'd check with a dealer 1st.

I bought a "DMS 535d" and had naively assumed that they would cover reflashing the CAR if it got wiped. The car had work done and I knew they were going to flash the car, I phoned DMS and they informed me that they dont cover the car but the original owner. He did offer me a reasonable special price of £200. Something to bear in mind when buying a prechipped car.

335d is one of the best toys out there at the minute. Bazza_G has got one that DMS treated to some wizardry and it flies +++

Very true and im deffently getting another when the warranty runs out. Anyway, Mine hasn't been driven in two weeks! Its got a full tank of V Power Diesel too so im off for a hoon in it around some of my favourite roads :D

Made my mind up and going for an SE model. I think the SE wheels look better than the M sport alloys and there really isn't much between them in general.

Unfortunately the short listed dealerships I spoke to do not accept remapping, but I'm sure a tuning box will get over this.

I am now very excited and just making sure I don't rush into anything. I hope to make a deal very soon and let the fun begin.