Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snoopy

How long from time of order till you get a build week?

17 posts in this topic

I know this has been asked many times before but i forgot.

How long does it take from the dealer putting a car onto the ordering system does it take for them to get a build week back from VW?

For the Mk5 GTI it was max of 2 weeks for the dealer to know and about 12 weeks until shipping.

Have you ordered a Mk6 then, Geoff?

+++

I hope so.

I basically want to make sure i have not been fibbed too. Basically they said they could order me one in august allocation to save me paying the price rise. They said they needed deposit asap. So they took it by phone but when i got the reciept in the post for my card transaction from them it was dated 6 days later than the paperwork/deposit was done by. They said they had been busy with getting new cars ready for 1st September which of cause could be very true as it took them a while to answer emails etc in that time. but why stress the deposit/paperwork was needed asap v argent, was anything acually done in them days to the order it has me wondering. Im not a trusting sole unless its erned especially when you put doubts in my mind, im also v unluckie so again i question things when maybe i should just leave it allone.

So i want to make sure the orders gone to VWuk and is going to be as promised not say 'held up' by months until they have 'real' allocation and so can order it.

Basically i was promised it August allocation (before price rise) and delivery before jan 1st (before VAT rise)

Edited by Snoopy

Jeeze, did you notice, Phil, how long Snoopy took to decide which colour! I was beginning to wonder whether Snoopy's real name was Geoff or Georgina!

:roflmao:

I wrote a large reply but manage to hit ctrl R instead of shift and it vanished

colour came down to white red silver shadow blue

others black too hard to look after and i have enough cars to look after.

silver our leon was silver and it shows marks too easy. but i liked it

red i liked but family skitting of fireengines i decided against it

white i liked but i think its a fashion colour and a pain to keep looking 100%

so better the devil you know and i liked the descrete classy looking it gave the car less in your face.

the other colours i ruled out as they are too gray and im not a fan of gray. Even the graphite blue when not a sunny day looks dull and gray

I went for a basic spec as i spent months working out what i wanted and what i really needed. it came down to basically 5 door shadow blue with xenons.

As i said i spent weeks looking at others i liked the monza shadows in photos but i think the black is too shiny and halfords. funny as i think it works on the pirelli mk1 alloys.

At the end of the day i have some monza IIs if i really want to fit them but i do like the scirocco wheels.

I did not go for audio upgrades etc as im quite into the sound quality aftermarket sean so it will be took care of in that regard later.

Lux pack. I decided against as it only really adds dipping mirrror i can do that manually if need be. Folding mirrors im not bothered about as they don't add much extra room and local youths seem to think its funnier to ull off ones that are folded in!.

Storage pack. i decided against don't use that stuff on the mk5 anyway

Winter pack: heated seats with cloth i not bothered about.

Leather: Thought about it but made the interior too dark for me like a coal mine

Sunroof: Audio system plans i thought may cause rattled and it drums alot according to alot of mk5 owners so decided i can use a window if want airflow.

Parking sensors/park assist: decided against as uses oem headunit and i will go aftermarket. I may end up fitting the mk5 system or aftermarket or do without i will wait and see.

Edited by Snoopy

Nice one Geoff +++ Hopefully not long to wait. :D

I was in a dealers today and they had the new carbon grey GTI in the showroom. I kept looking at it from all angles but it really didn't look as good as I expected it to in the metal. Shame because I really liked the colour in pics previously posted on here.

My dad picked up his new MKVI today (non GTI) and he specced the Lux pack. The folding mirrors fold in much further than on the MKV and make quite a difference if you use a garage. I see your point re the sounds upgrade - the parking sensors provide a full visual display as well as audio. Was playing with it today and found it a little gimmicky - just too much info and over-use of the screen for the sake of it really. I suspect VW have done it to encourage people to buy the VW nav package at £1800!

I spent months working out what i thought i needed then thought what i actually need.

In the end i worked out i would use little to nothing of the long list of options i was originally thinking of. So went quite basic.

Time scale im told end Nov/start Dec delivery but i hold my breath there. The reason i say that is they said it was a rush get everything signed and faxed back ergent/asap that day and phoned to take deposit card details and it then took them a week to actually put my card details though to pay the deposit and send me the slip copy(its dated on it)

I am still waiting quietly for the build week and the broker that put me in touch with this dealer is now asking for there fee too.

Trying to get a mk6 gti was a nightmare most are sold out and don't have allocation for months and months most quoting at least 20 weeks delivery which would add the VAT and price rise!!

Trying to get one was like trying to find a needle in a feild of haystacks it was a real pain in the backside. I had more or less gave up and thought it was not worth the hassle/stress until i tried the last place i had on my list. We have never had this nightmare talk about restricting supply if anyone did have allocation they wanted list! Sorry not paying list.

Edited by Snoopy

It sounds as if the problem is the same as it was with the Mk5 GTI - The VW dealers have a strict allocation linked to a timeframe and your dealer was probably delaying processing your order so he could slot it into the next allocation.

+++

Thats my thinking too. icon12.gif

As long as i get it before the 1st Jan before VAT goes up then im not bothered.

When I ordered my R32 in Dec 2005, I never got a confirmed build week until April 2006, with the car coming late in May.

During the waiting time VW increased their prices and my dealer tried to get the additional money from me but I refused stating that I had agreed a price when I put the deposit on the car and it was their issue that they couldn't supply the car before the prices went up. They backed down +++

When I ordered my R32 in Dec 2005, I never got a confirmed build week until April 2006, with the car coming late in May.

During the waiting time VW increased their prices and my dealer tried to get the additional money from me but I refused stating that I had agreed a price when I put the deposit on the car and it was their issue that they couldn't supply the car before the prices went up. They backed down +++

....I think that your dealer probably backed down out of goodwill towards you. Technically you'd probably find that the small print allows them to apply a price change (always upwards of course!). However, the fact that they gave you notice of the price hike so late may also have been a factor.

The payment of a deposit should normally be a commitment to the price at the time, unless overridden by a small print clause.

+++

You're right Robin, it was in the small print but they had to advise you within a defined period and give the option at that time to cancel. All ended well though +++

You're right Robin, it was in the small print but they had to advise you within a defined period and give the option at that time to cancel. All ended well though +++

....:roflmao: Well my suggestion was purely guesswork! I'm very bad at reading the small print and prefer a legal eagle friend to check things over.

+++

VW will honour any order placed before the price rise i have spoken to many dealers on this issue. BUT the VAT is applied at the time your invoiced so thats upto the goverment and can change at anytime the goverment wants. These were both stated as conditions of my order i will have to wait and see what happens. I have in writting delivery expected end nov beginning dec unless there is factory delays. So i will see what happens.

Quote: No, it seems to be extremely clear that anyone who ordered and got their car confirmed in the system before 1st September 10.30am is price-protected.

Quote: No, it seems to be extremely clear that anyone who ordered and got their car confirmed in the system before 1st September 10.30am is price-protected.

I also read that about 4-5 weeks ago in Auto Express when VW first announced the proposed price increases. Seemed like a fair way forward. :)