Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carnell

Beware of vw factory bluetooth ?

10 posts in this topic

Picked my new gti up today everything was great,

got my phone out to connect to factory bluetooth car kit

Got a message on the highline phone not compatable, got the salesmans phone and again not compatable, tried another phone N95 and hey presto connects ok, But guess what i have just upgraded my phone at weekend from a ......N95 to a N86

Anybody know if there is a way around this, dealers did not warn me of this problem? and at £380 for something you are limited to what phone you can link upto it is annoying to say the least,

Anyway Ive had my moan now,

The car was certainly turning some heads today, certainly missed driving a vw for the last 3 mths

Get some pics up at weekend

So it's finally arrived! Glad to hear it's all (bar the obvious Bluetooth blip) you wanted it to be +++ I've seen a few on the roads now, but just a few, less than expected and I now really like them. Pity they didn't centralise the twin pipes, but hey. You going to take that slippery modding slope? :grin:

I was looking round a Golf GTI at a dealers last week as my comp car is up for change soon...

I asked the salesman about the bluetooth and he said it is ONLY campatible with Nokia phones (something about a SIM access profile which only Nokia phones support?).

However, this doesn't really help you as you have ONLY tried Nokia phones!

Have you tried the phones settings to see if SIM access profile is turned on?

I was looking round a Golf GTI at a dealers last week as my comp car is up for change soon...

I asked the salesman about the bluetooth and he said it is ONLY campatible with Nokia phones (something about a SIM access profile which only Nokia phones support?).

However, this doesn't really help you as you have ONLY tried Nokia phones!

Have you tried the phones settings to see if SIM access profile is turned on?

Just tried turning remote sim on, and thats done the job, paired ok, entered phone security pin, and it has now copied 680 contacts (didnt know i knew that many people lol)

schrolled through contacts on steering wheel press call all shows up on stereo and centre display, Clever stuff

Tyresmoke to the rescue again cheers guys

So it's finally arrived! Glad to hear it's all (bar the obvious Bluetooth blip) you wanted it to be +++ I've seen a few on the roads now, but just a few, less than expected and I now really like them. Pity they didn't centralise the twin pipes, but hey. You going to take that slippery modding slope? :grin:

Yes its finally arrived John, well worth the wait

the slippery slope once i clock a few miles up will start with the exhaust Centre twin 100mm pipes in black ceramic if Milltek can sort me out ??

Then prob the list will go on & on & on from there ha ha

Yes its finally arrived John, well worth the wait

the slippery slope once i clock a few miles up will start with the exhaust Centre twin 100mm pipes in black ceramic if Milltek can sort me out ??

Then prob the list will go on & on & on from there ha ha

Accompany the Milltek (RR should now about whether Milltek have the centered black tipped pipes) with a remap and better breathability, then the handling with coilovers and ARB's etc etc etc :grin:

Accompany the Milltek (RR should now about whether Milltek have the centered black tipped pipes) with a remap and better breathability, then the handling with coilovers and ARB's etc etc etc :grin:

You know them mods will happen once i have clocked a few miles up JC

Hows the truck and new lifestyle going ?

Sort some pics over weekend

You know them mods will happen once i have clocked a few miles up JC

Hows the truck and new lifestyle going?

Loving it, thanks +++ Wouldn't want to change it. Just bought a downhill bike, so spend my weekends on adrenalin-pumping extreme grade downhill runs :grin: and the truck is the ideal (and actually very luxurious) car for getting the bike, kit and I there. The load bed area serves well as a place to take a sheltered break in, too.

Loving it, thanks +++ Wouldn't want to change it. Just bought a downhill bike, so spend my weekends on adrenalin-pumping extreme grade downhill runs :grin: and the truck is the ideal (and actually very luxurious) car for getting the bike, kit and I there. The load bed area serves well as a place to take a sheltered break in, too.

Nice 1 JC all sounds a bit energetic for me

Loving the new Gti, cant wait to give it some beans, only done 250 mile upto now been too busy at work, have to give her a good run out at weekend :-)