Mich PS2 reinforced?

Donaldtramp

My potenzas are almost toast on my M3 and looking to get a set of PS2s. Still got 2 and a bit mils left.

I'm hoping they last out till the next Costco 4 for the price of 3 Michelin tyres deal comes out. (It's due around the last fortnight in November, according to guys at Costco I spoke to)

After having a check on the various internet tyre sellers I have realised that they a) aren't cheap!!! and b) there is choice...

265/30 R19 Y (93)

Reinforced

£300.38

(only choice for the back)

but for the front you can get;

235/35 R19 Y (91)

Reinforced

£230.96

and

235/35 R19 Y (91)

£239.47

What's the difference with this "reinforcing"?

I bet they are the same but some sites might list them differently.

It could however be that some say 'reinforced' as in extra load, needed for some cars that are heavier or exert more load through the tyre. +++

I used event for my new tyres and they were very competitive even compared to costco.

235/35 R19 Y (91)

Reinforced

£230.96

and

235/35 R19 Y (91)

£239.47

What's the difference with this "reinforcing"?

there's actually 4 x 235/35 R19 the PS range.

235/35ZR19 - 87 - N1

235/35ZR19 - 87 - N2

235/35ZR19 - 91

235/35ZR19 - 91 REINF.

the 87 / 91 refers to the load index and Extra Load (XL) or Reinforced (Reinf) indicates that the tyre has a higher load rating than would normally apply to this size. +++

XL refers to Extra Load, as above.

As I understand it, there is a specific M3 PS2:

265/35R19 98Y MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 2 XL BMW

Those are the rears - I can't seem to find the dedicated BMW front tyre at the moment.

Price for the rears (fully fitted) is £306.87 (1) which is from Event Tyres.

Good shout re Costco - I hadn't thought of that. Do I need a business to get a card?

On another note, how are you finding your M3?

So I take it I'll be buying the extra load tyre.

Costco is the largest outlet for Michelin tyres in the UK. It is the only brand they stock. I think they are also the cheapest in the UK for Michelins.

You can a membership card if you own a business but you can also get them through your employer if they are invited to join or are in a professional job like an engineer, police, medical etc

It's about 20quid a year for membership.

Do you not know anyone with a Costco card willing to go up with you?

Best time to get tyres is during one of their Michelin promotions. twice a year or so they do 4 for the price of 3 OR 20% of the purchase of 4. Hoping my tyres last till the next promotion.... I would save a couple of hundred quid!

Absolutely loving the E46M3 still, after owning it for almost three years.

1 speeding conviction (99 in 60) naughty!!, numerous tyres and a service II still hasn't put me off it. Only niggle I've had was the front cooling fan stopping functioing. Simple fix and not expensive at all.

I've experienced the M3 characteristics of the groaning diff, worried me at first(change of DIFF oil to new revised oil) and the sometimes sticky second gear when cold.

All in all, for the money, I don't think I could have bought a better car. I can't see me parting with it for a while yet. All depends on speedcops....

You can get membership for Costco by just turning up any paying the membership nothing special else required. +++

On the cost, they are normally cheaper but when I checked they weren't maybe as there were no offers on. Interestingly they wouldn't even tell me the price until I told them my membership number. :D