Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
randall977

A4 Avant B7 OEM Parking sensor retrofit...

9 posts in this topic

I've bought a rear bumper with parking sensors, I have the loom and control unit and just need to link it into the car but how??? There are 16 pins - which ones need connecting? Any help really appreciated - thanks!

Thanks for finding that. Unfortunately mine are genuine Audi ones with a control box which needs to be linked into the CAN bus...or something like that....I need help! :)

Edited by randall977

You need to buy the wiring loom from kufatec (or build your own) which comes with the plugs to connect into the PDC control unit, warning buzzer and then fuse box and the convenience CAN on the back of the instrument panel.

I did the full front and rear retrofit which is rather more complex using the kufatec wiring - if your car is RHD you will need to get them to extend the wiring to the fuse box and CAN by approx 1m (its normally for LHD and is too short).

Elsawin is pretty essential to check your wiring.

Dave

Thanks for thereply Dave, I actually came accross the Kufatec loom just before you replied. Ordered it but not the extended version so I will have to add that bit on myself... Excuse my ignorance but what is Elsewin and where can I get it...

589_0.jpg

Okay, I see...it's VERY expensive! I may have to opt for the Bentley manual...or would VAGcom help me?

Elsawin is the dealers workshop manual and is not available officially. I heve heard *cough cough* that you can find it fairly easily on the bay of thieves or other "websites".

It contains the full factory wiring diagrams!

Dave

And you dont need VCDS (vagcom) unless you have a tow bar fitted - if you do the PDC controller and towing controller need to be programmed.

I ended up buying 2 kufatec cables and using part to extend - the CAN bus wires are hard to duplicate since they are a twisted pair.