Name this noise - vw can't

jamesR

Front right of car, 'Jangling', low-medium volume, noticed at low speeds when car drawing up to lights or after speed hump, especially when clutch depressed. Has been around for last 3-4 months without warning lights appearing, or combustion of car!, perhaps getting a little louder if anything.Oh yeah its also really annoying.

Local dealer has seen the car 4 times, steering rack replaced under warranty but no change in noise. Last visit went for a ride with technician who seemed pretty sure it was suspension bushes, but when car picked up after 'extensive road tests' this was discounted. They have sent a diss (?) notice to VW australia for further diagnosis.

What do you reckon? Advice wanted before they begin to randomly replace engine components.

What year is the car? There is a well known issue with the Anti Roll Bar bushes on A3's made around 2001 to 2004 ish.

The noise sounds similar to what you describe.

There was also a noise described as a "rubber ball being rattled round in a plastic bottle" that is another known issue with the tops of the suspension mounts.

I get rattles all over. I live on a cobbled street and it sounds like there is a bag of spanners under the bonnet. I think VW could have tried a bit harder in this area. The build quality is not as solid as I have come to expect from German cars. BMWs/Mercs seem to bash the protruding cobbles back down.