Rye House Karting - Monday Oct 5th, 7:15pm

jediknight83

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was talking to a few of the PGT guys and thought the following race format would be the most interesting / fair.

15 min quali for race 1

25 min race 1

Race 2 grid based on grid 1 finishing BUT then reverse swap karts and thus grid slot. so 1st goes last, 2nd goes 2nd last etc. Will make for a fun 2nd race with faster people coming through the pack and also will equalise any kart advantage / disadvantage.

25 min race 2

Points added together and the overall points leader wins. if there is a points tie then fastest lap comes into play.

Race 2 grid based on grid 1 finishing BUT then reverse swap karts and thus grid slot. so 1st goes last, 2nd goes 2nd last etc. Will make for a fun 2nd race with faster people coming through the pack and also will equalise any kart advantage / disadvantage.

Excellent, I get to start race 2 on pole +++

Ok, I've just spoken to the track on this and 'for insurance reasons' they can't do a reverse grid for race 2 and knowingly put the fastest drivers at the back, raising the risk of a first lap crash as they all come though the field. They used to do this but not any more.

However.. they have agreed to a random grid for race one and then reverse it for race 2. This will still give the same effect but minimizes the risks as the fastest drivers wont all be bunched together (in theory)

Comments? I dont mind the sound of this, think it will make it more interesting. The alternative is run one long 1hr race that could get dull as the field gets stretched out.

Not too fussed about qualifying, but I need to drive the track for a few laps first +++

yes there will still be 10 mins practice but then a random grid for race 1 and a reverse of that random grid for race 2.

Should generate more overtaking. Gets a bit boring starting first and disappearing off into the distance with no competition. This way the winner will essentially be the person who overtakes the most people.