Audi Driver International

A8_Tony

OK guys, this is being held on Saturday 10th October. We have previously asked for people to let us know if they're going, but now we need some definite answers. We're hoping to get a track session booked for the A8OC (all '8 owners are welcome) so that we can get the track to ourselves +++

Please add your names to the list below:

A8_Tony

darrenjoe90

P.S. For those that might be interested, due to the lack of responses elsewhere, I intend holding the AGM at ADI, so that we can get all the feedback from you guys to start planning the Annual Meet for next year :D

Edited by A8_Tony

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i guess you got a gift voucher from halfords for xmas and bought yourself a few tuning bit for your golf. well i have heard they do some nice wide wheels and some loverly flame red stripes for the side. i personaly dont bother with tuning bits for mine as i think 360 bhp and a 4wd system should be enough to take me quite swiftly round the track. if we happen to be on track at the same time i could have a look at your go-faster stripes as a lap you !+++

i guess you got a gift voucher from halfords for xmas and bought yourself a few tuning bit for your golf. well i have heard they do some nice wide wheels and some loverly flame red stripes for the side. i personaly dont bother with tuning bits for mine as i think 360 bhp and a 4wd system should be enough to take me quite swiftly round the track. if we happen to be on track at the same time i could have a look at your go-faster stripes as a lap you !+++

:roflmao:

Yeah, K&N and a neat zorst wiv quad pipes +++

What colour and year is your 8 (or give me the last three digits of the reg) and I'll look out for you in my rear view mirror as you hunt me down... ;)

i personaly dont bother with tuning bits for mine as i think 360 bhp and a 4wd system should be enough to take me quite swiftly round the track. if we happen to be on track at the same time i could have a look at your go-faster stripes as a lap you !+++
i thought golf was a game played with little white balls not v8 peformance cars capable of eating little 4 cylinder cars for breakfast round a track.

*Sniggers*

Mook, you gonna have your camera running? I'd like to see you being err, humiliated. ;)

Just for your info, Mook has fitted a DTM style exhaust back box, K&N induction kit with cold air pipe, Split fire Spark plugs, uprated leads, some Sparco pedal covers and a matt black painted bonnet, that and the fact he's the most commited person I've ever been on track with will see off ANY Audi A/S8.

Mook, you gonna have your camera running? I'd like to see you being err, humiliated. ;)

Yes mate - I'll have Psycho Oz as my passenger, so I'll be even slower :rolleyes:;)

Just for your info, Mook has fitted a DTM style exhaust back box, K&N induction kit with cold air pipe, Split fire Spark plugs, uprated leads, some Sparco pedal covers and a matt black painted bonnet

You fecker, I wasn't going to spill all the details of the mods I go from Halfords, but you've forced me to now, so here goes:

It's got a cherry bomb back box, power boost valve, k&n induction kit, carbon look film on the bonnet and mirrors, back seats folded down to save weight and lower the c of g, ebc greenstuff pads, single wiper conversion, diy cosworth bonnet vents, chopped springs to lower 60mm, splitfire spark plugs, btcc style rear spoiler etc etc ,all finished with a kickin neon set up :grin:

Yes mate - I'll have Psycho Oz as my passenger, so I'll be even slower :rolleyes:;)

You fecker, I wasn't going to spill all the details of the mods I go from Halfords, but you've forced me to now, so here goes:

It's got a cherry bomb back box, power boost valve, k&n induction kit, carbon look film on the bonnet and mirrors, back seats folded down to save weight and lower the c of g, ebc greenstuff pads, single wiper conversion, diy cosworth bonnet vents, chopped springs to lower 60mm, splitfire spark plugs, btcc style rear spoiler etc etc ,all finished with a kickin neon set up :grin:

Oi sneaky!!!!

You forgot to mention the magnets for the fuel line as they straighten the petrol ions and will boost your power MORE than if you had a nitrox kit.

Well, that's what the eBay blurb said - so must be true. +++

88mph in Mooks Golf is the point at which the car flings off the track backwards, over a curb and rips it's front bumper off, while Mooks arms franticly flail about in vain!

Sideways, Tipex, sideways - and it was the chin spoiler. And sadly it was only about 60mph when I went off.

:fecker:

BTW, parts of the bumper are still held on with tie-wraps :roflmao:

I'm not going to be able to make this i'm afraid as i'll be in Florida.

Shame though as i would like to take the S8 on track for the first time instead of my usual track toy.

I'd like to add though, darrenjoe90, even though i'm an S8 owner and would love for your S8 to kill all on track, I can't see it taking on mooks Golf. Its not at all Halfords or boy racer bling but a very capable toy with a 1.8 20v Turbo i think, but i bet the sticker in the back window weighs a bit!

Good luck though to all going and be sure to take plenty of pics and videos so i can have a look when i return