PS3 Yellow ring of death

Hopsta

Interesting, mines horizontal and by chance sits on a cooling panel that I use to stop my amp from cooking :rolleyes:, fingers crossed its all helping.

I've not got the launch model but the model inbetween with a slightly smaller proc and lower power usage but not up to the slim. Its almost silent all the time as well so I'm happy enough. +++

Having ripped me PlayStation3 to bits the cooling system looks adequate for the 2 CPU`s but the actual case design is pretty restrictive..... :confused:

My PlayStation3 Slim seems to be running very silent and isnt kicking out as much heat compared to the original.... hope SONY have looking into the heat issue and made the design better......

So far I`m happy with the PlayStation3 Slim apart from the missing things like mem card slots and USB ports :(

Riz +++

Having looked at the design more... the main fan which keeps the CPU`s cool is on the underside of the PlayStation3, I could repair it and then cut some ventilation holes on the underside case and then raise it with some feet. :D

Already stuck some rubber feet on my PlayStation3 Slim.

Riz :grin: