VAG-COM lowering a D3

roberto1954

oh,im not that clever :-(

found this company through a friend thats bought these and fitted to his bently !

lowermyairride.co.uk looks interesting,easy,and only £150

basicly you replace some rods that measure the cars ride hight with new adjustable ones and it fools the car into thinking its the right hieght but its not,its as low as you want to adjust it to.......................

Edited by roberto1954

apparently the air-suspention on the audi A8 D3 can be lowered with vag-com . has anybody done this ? and how do i lower my D3 ?:)

I looked into this a while back, but as i have the SE and not the sport, when i put it into dynamic mode, the car would then lower a further 20mm from the already lowered standard ride height.

If you lower it by say 20mm using VAG-COM, then you could be looking at a 40mm drop in total when in dynamic mode, which is too much. I think the sport models don't lower the car in dynamic mode (they are already lowered compared to the SE models) so you might get away with it on a sport.

• 3 weeks later...
If you decide you want a plug in option which lowers the ride height on all A8/S8 and firms up the suspension on all A8/S8 (both only in dynamic mode) then you are welcome to make me an offer on my MTM F-Cantronic system - only used for four months before I sold my A8:

MTM > Products > Produkt Information > Cantronic

It mentions that the module is only activated when the suspension is in dynamic mode. If so, combined with the extra stiff settings that this module also applies to dynamic mode, won't the ride comfort be to harsh for normal driving?

Ideally i want to lower the car even in Automatic mode, so i get the nice ride comfort still, but with a lower appearance.

I can answer that many ways but cutting to the chase, I sold the car as it was still too soft for my liking. It did corner better than it did before (3.0tdi SE like you) due to the lower ride height and firmer damping but compared to sort of cars I normally own it was still like a sofa ride wise, which I guess is what you are after keeping?

hmmm, that's got me thinking. I actually prefer a slightly firmer ride to be honest than the Automatic setting. However, i will soon be getting some 20" rims (i have 18's at the moment) and i've heard this makes the ride quite harsh and my worry is the 20" wheels combined with the uprated Dynamic setting will be too much.

How easy is it to plug in? And finally, not knowing how much this module is from new, what do you consider a good offer?

I did that to Insurance Jon's S8 about 3 years ago! Keep up fellas!

YES!!!! shark_90 has just lowered my D3

it looks amazing! pics to follow

shark_90 and his vag-com majik! :D:):D

give him a call...................................

just fitted 9x20inch wheels its brilliant

also i have a 2nd set of 20's for sale see general market place.......................

Edited by roberto1954

That does look absolutely gorgeous

How much did you lower it by in the end? It looks just right. Is it an SE or Sport?

It's a shame your other set of wheels have been powder coated - i would be seriously tempted, but i don't think the powder coated look would suit my car.

its a sport,not sure about the measurement,i think he lowered it 5mm at a time till i was happy,also can tweek it more or less anytime i want if not happy,i might have the wheels recoated in silver as ive been asked loads of times about them,maybe in the new year,that ben of sharkperformance is very clued up with todays electronics of all kinds,good contact..

hmmm, that's got me thinking. I actually prefer a slightly firmer ride to be honest than the Automatic setting. However, i will soon be getting some 20" rims (i have 18's at the moment) and i've heard this makes the ride quite harsh and my worry is the 20" wheels combined with the uprated Dynamic setting will be too much.

How easy is it to plug in? And finally, not knowing how much this module is from new, what do you consider a good offer?

PM sent.