New Wheels on order

carnell

Should be getting them end of next week, went for VW Racing 19" in Gunmetal Grey

Spoke to Sam @ vwracing.com very helpfull guy and they are now doing Remaps, Suspension, Exhausts, Brakes for the mk6, the slippery slope has started again..........

Monza Shadows for sale, next week.

golfpics001.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's more like it, Carnell :grin: VWR's 19's will look the business (especially in the gun metal grey) and they might as well mod it for you a wee bit whilst your there :rolleyes: Piccies please asap. The Shadow's should sell well, price dependant +++

Now that's more like it, Carnell :grin: VWR's 19's will look the business (especially in the gun metal grey) and they might as well mod it for you a wee bit whilst your there :rolleyes: Piccies please asap. The Shadow's should sell well, price dependant +++

Hi Guys

its been a bit quiet on here recently wheres everybody gone?

Looking forward to getting the wheels next week, they are posting just the wheels to me so i will have to source own tyres unless i wanted slicks ha ha

Prob a good thing not going down to Milton Keynes i would end up coming back with a fully loaded car and prob followed by divorce lol, Do the modding bit by bit... and she wont know sshhhhh.......

The Mk6 GTI looks very good in red imo.

I use VWR for all my servicing and many of my mods. They're not dependent on sales and so don't hard-sell you but would rather that you are a satisfied customer.

Which 'VWR' wheels are you having?

+++

Hi Robin your car is looking good with new wheels on,

Its the Latest 19" Vwr alloys on there website in gunmetal grey, dont think they have got a name just advertise them as above, Similar to yours but wider spokes and they go right out to the tyre,

Think they have arrived got a card through the door yesterday from interlink exp

WOW!!

Much nicer than the oem black-insert 'Monza' in my opinion. Makes the car look much more purposeful.

I'm liking the deeper rear roof spoiler which the Mk6 GTI has.

+++

Thanx Robin

I wasn't a lover of the Monzas on the mark 6, they are for the mark 5 in my opinion

be rude not to get them as a £400 upgrade thou

Monzas are already sold, could of sold them 5 times over

Yes i think the car looks a lot better and not OTT (with original caps and bolts etc aswell)

the mk6 seems to swallow 19" wheels ?

Wow i really like the red and the wheel combo. I also did not like them on the VWr website when you posted a link i thought in my eyes you had made a mistake if im truthful. I have now changed my mind. Im not one for black wheels really but that combo works very very well. If i had a red mk6 i know what wheels without a thought i would want on it now. Simply Stunning.

Edited by Snoopy

Wow i really like the red and the wheel combo. I also did not like them on the VWr website when you posted a link i thought in my eyes you had made a mistake if im truthful. I have now changed my mind. Im not one for black wheels really but that combo works very very well. If i had a red mk6 i know what wheels without a thought i would want on it now. Simply Stunning.

Cheers Mate

It can be an expensive mistake if you get it wrong but i think this combo works,

very pleased with result, all depends on colour of the car thou dosn't it ?

Looking good +++ As I said on Robin's post, I'm not a huge fan of the darker alloy, but I do think that red is the colour to have them on as it really suits the car. I think you're right - Monza II's are for the MKV. Time to drop the ride height? :grin:

all depends on colour of the car thou dosn't it ?
Yes i don't think they would work as well on other colours at all. Especially dark colours or the blues.

what tyre size may i ask did you go for 235/35/19 ?

I also know what you meen about the monzas been mk5 wheels its something i keep thinking.

Then again i keep thinking what would Robins monzas look like on a shadow blue GTI lol.

Edited by Snoopy

Looking good +++ As I said on Robin's post, I'm not a huge fan of the darker alloy, but I do think that red is the colour to have them on as it really suits the car. I think you're right - Monza II's are for the MKV. Time to drop the ride height? :grin:
Yes i don't think they would work as well on other colours at all. Especially dark colours or the blues.

what tyre size may i ask did you go for 235/35/19 ?

I also know what you meen about the monzas been mk5 wheels its something i keep thinking.

Then again i keep thinking what would Robins monzas look like on a shadow blue GTI lol.

Hey JC have you seen what else is on my drive ?? how you getting on with your Navara,

Yes i think my new wheels will work on red or white cars,

Went for 235/35/19s with no problems,

suspension drop will have to wait, remap and miller next job

Nice, very, very nice!

I really want a set of Flashpoint rims that VWR used to have on their GTI but the only place i can find that sells them are in the US and it'd cost a fair whack to import them (taking into account shipping costs and import duty). It's a shame as I think they look fantastic:

fp_wheel_gunmatt-1.jpg