Anyone else here own or ordered a mk6 GTI?

Snoopy

Still waiting for mine, its build week 48 so may get it mid December if im luckie or in time for Christmas.

Im sure time is not a constant, or theres a blackhole about, If these last 6 weeks have took a looonnng time to paaass the next months will be even slower..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting for mine, its build week 48 so may get it mid December if im luckie or in time for Christmas.

Im sure time is not a constant, or theres a blackhole about, If these last 6 weeks have took a looonnng time to paaass the next months will be even slower..

ordered mine in June, was hhere for 3rd Aug, Picked it up 1st Sept so was on a 59plate

Have you checked your build week lately with the dealer, we have had lots change, one GTD gone from week 2 next year to week 21!!

You might find the salesman to scared to tell you!

Matt

I was told week 48 (not confirmed) on the 5th October. They did say it could change up till 4-5 weeks before the build date when it would then become confirmed. They did gave me the commission number incase i wanted to ask VW customer service for updates.

Edited by Snoopy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Build week delays. Who else is suffering?

I have compiled a list on another forum of about 20 users of that forum who have had our GTI build weeks put back and back, anyone else from over here suffering like us?

Updated for 21/11/09 12:20

AUGUST

No1 Aug 7th BW 46 Now BW02

No2 Aug na BW 49 Now BW01

No3 Aug 12th BW 49 Now BW01 (cancelled his order)

No4 Aug 12th BW 44 (Built & on its way)

No5 Aug 12th BW 48 (confirmed)

No6 Aug 15th BW n/a Now BW02

No7 Aug 16th BW 48 Now BW01

No8 Aug mid? BW 48 Now BW02

No9 Aug mid? BW 48 Now BW02

No10 Aug 17th BW 48 (confirmed)

No11 Aug 17th BW 48 now BW01 (unconfirmed)

No12 (ME) Aug 20th BW 48 Now BW50 (unconfirmed)

No13 Aug 22nd BW 46 (confirmed) Built awaiting shipment.

No14 Aug 22nd BW 48 (confirmed)

No15 Aug 24th BW n/a (arrived 7th Sep)

No16 Aug 25th BW 48 (confirmed)

No17 Aug 26th BW 50 Now BW02

No18 Aug 27th BW 47 Now BW50 (Cancelled his order)

No19 Aug 29th BW 46 Now BW01 (unconfirmed)

No20 Aug 29th BW 49 Now BW04 (unconfirmed)

Nothing at the moment. They are covering the vat rise for oct and november orders but no word back for us august orders.

Im waiting till i get a confirmed date before i start shouting.

The list above incase others were wondering is

Username Date ordered original build week or last one given to them before the big delays. current build week the last time they asked after factory delays

Edited by Snoopy

This gets better,

I now no longer have a provisional build date listed

According to my dealer all the computer says is. "Factory ordered"

Do you think if i email VW Germany and ask them to send me the parts they will allow me to build it myself i have a high QC standard and im sure i can do it quicker then they can at this rate lol.

Edited by Snoopy

Pretty difficult at themoment, especially on GTD/GTD we have no stock at all and getting hold of is virtually impossible, we had one on order that according to production schedules should of been with the customer 3 weeks ago, has got a provisional build week of 4!! Customer has since cancelled:(

Matt,

May i ask have VW actually said to the dealers why this is happening to us?

Mine does not even seem to have a provisional date now it just says factory order!

it was 46 then 48 then on November 4th 50.

Im in no real rush especially as winter is now with us, the only reason i did order when i did was to get in before the September price rise and the end of year VAT rise. I just hope VW compensate us by covering the VAT. They can deliver it after the winter as far as im concerned if im truthful.

Edited by Snoopy